J cylinders

jaime66

Featured Posts

I have a proven pattern and core box, as well as a machining drawing.  I have not recently investigated UK foundries nor machining facilities, but I think Bridport Foundry would be my starting point if I wanted to have some made.

Have you tried RW Davis, or Seaward for cylinders?

N

R.W.Davis don't have any. Not many J parts left there now.

I'm wondering if there might be enough demand to get a batch cast now? Bridport foundry would certainly be an option, as would Taylor's Foundry in Haverhill (actually their ferrous castings are made in Stoke on Trent).

Alec

Certainly worth asking around.  I am not in the Kelvin spares group metaverse, but if someone cares to ask for interest on there, I will beat the bushes with my own contacts.  I am quite happy to bring the pattern to the party.

Last time I had any made the minimum quantity was 20, but that was in BG.    I still have a good selection of the taps for the head studs!  9/16" BSF is not a recognised thread in Sofia!

I should also say that the produced item has a boss where the stay bar fastens, rather than a depression, so this has to be machined off cylinders for No 2, 3, or 4 position and drilled and tapped to suit the stay bar fastener if fitted to No 1 position. Boss removal can be accomplished with an angel grinder if needed.

N

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Do you often grind angels

Only when I need them to get  voles out of a cauliflower. 

More seriously an angel grinder is a heavenly bit of kit. Boss removal with one has potential akin to a chainsaw massacre, if I had a boss these days that is.

N

Edited by BEngo