Annoying mobile phone

XLD

Featured Posts

Every now and then, my mobile springs into life “chiming” away for about 30 seconds, usually about 3am🤬🤬🤬🤬. When I look at the screen it says “ Backing up”.

Is there any way I can shut it up? I have “Do not disturb” on from 11 pm to 8am btw.

Edited by XLD

2 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

What mobile is it as the steps to silence the notification will be different if it is Apple or Android 

2 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

What mobile is it as the steps to silence the notification will be different if it is Apple or Android 

It’s an Android (Xiaomi Redmi)

6 minutes ago, XLD said:

11 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

It’s an Android (Xiaomi Redmi)

42 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

If you go to settings, notifications you will see recent notifications.  If you tap on the annoying one from the night you can then modify the alert so it is either off or silent.

That will fix the OP's problem.

Also available as a wider solution is "Do not disturb" under notifications. This has a number of options including muting to a schedule to avoid all night time notifications, and fine tuning like still allowing the phone to ring, or allowing it to ring for a limited number of callers only.

1 hour ago, XLD said:

is there any way I can shut it up? I have “Do not disturb” on from 11 pm to 8am btw.

and the reply is .......................

27 minutes ago, alias said:

Also available as a wider solution is "Do not disturb" under notifications. This has a number of options including muting to a schedule to avoid all night time notifications, and fine tuning like still allowing the phone to ring, or allowing it to ring for a limited number of callers only.

47 minutes ago, Athy said:

Regarding the topic's title:

Is there another kind?

Mine is not annoying. It has helped me earned 100s of £ks over the years. 

Or maybe you consider earning money annoying.... 

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, MtB said:

Only when somebody else is doing it.:D

The annoyance stems from other people's phobile mones: for example, if I'm on a train or 'bus journey and am contentedly enjoying my book, I'm constantly distracted by the chorus of bleeps, chimes, burbles and caterwauls emanating from the devices of inconsiderate fellow passengers.

Edited by Athy

27 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

and the reply is .......................

Oh sorry, I missed that. My revised answer would be that there are adjustable settings within "do not disturb" to allow or disallow individual functions. It would be necessary to remove any that have previously been explicitly added to those given permission.

image.png.56a8dab434879ee60fe28531f5c28610.png

Edited by alias

26 minutes ago, Athy said:

The annoyance stems from other people's phobile mones: for example, if I'm on a train or 'bus journey and am contentedly enjoying my book, I'm constantly distracted by the chorus of bleeps, chimes, burbles and caterwauls emanating from the devices of inconsiderate fellow passengers.

I don’t mind the phones so much, it’s those bluetooth earpieces. Time was if someone was walking along on their own, gesticulating and having a one-sided conversation, it was nailed on they were a fruitloop and best avoided. Now you have to see if they’ve got a plastic toothbrush wedged in their lughole to decide what sort of head-the-ball they are.

And why is it folk can’t just hold a phone to there head anymore, they have to have it on speaker and walk along holding it like a piece of toast they’re about to bite!?! 

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Mine is not annoying. It has helped me earned 100s of £ks over the years. 

No. I consider being woken up unnecessarily, at 3am annoying. Don't you?

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

....which he didn't make.

Yes he did:

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Annoyance is in the eye of the beholder - Mrs @1st ade keeps her mobile turned off unless she's walking the dog - then spends all evening moaning as my phone pings to itself.... right up to the ping that is our grandson "Nan, I've got an interview tomorrow, can you lend me the bus fare" when it becomes "it's a good job your phone was on"

Cest le Vie (as the French never said)

On 04/03/2022 at 12:37, Athy said:

If you had a mobile phone you could listen to audio books using headphones, which would isolate you from all of the annoying noises emanating from others mobile phones... 😉😉

• Haha 1