Isuzu Engine Wanted.

vindyboy

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I have started engines that have been left for 30 years, also some that have been underwater for months. The only one that ever beat me was a Rover 2000 bought at auction which just would not start no matter what we did, 24v, neat petrol down the carb, ether, blow lamp, tow it around. Checked plugs points etc.

I gave up, left it parked in the yard.

One day an apprentice wanted to move it to shift a wreck it was obstructing. Got the key from the office, opened the door, fired it up and parked it on the forecourt which was where I saw it.

Asked what he did to get it running, he said it just started.  There you go!  We sold it shortly after, it never came back.

A friend of a friend built a beautiful little aeroplane (a Taylor mono) powered by a converted Vokswagen Beetle engine. Couldn't get it to run apart from a cough and bang now and again.

Several people (including some experienced aircraft engineers) but to no avail.

Engine was stripped and revealed nothing,ignition timing checked and re-checked,still any an odd bang.

The aircraft stood in a hanger for a couple of years and the owner decided to have another go at it.

To cut a long story short,it was eventually found (by accident) that the sprocket on the engine which drove the magnetos was twenty teeth.

The sprockets on the magnetos were found to be nineteen teeth!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MtB said:

This does seem vaguely odd. You'd think it would still be worth shipping the empty containers to where they are needed rather than paying rent on the space they are blocking up. 

Two things here:

1) When China stopped accepting badly sorted plastic waste from the EU & the USA the number of return journey containers plummeted to nearly none, so the containers didn't get sent back.

2) The shippers don't pay the storage costs for a (full) container that has left a port facility.  The final recipient of the contents gets the container and has to worry about storing or disposing of it.

13 hours ago, Athy said:

Yet "single heavy items" such as cars from Japan and China, and lamb carcasses from New Zealand, continue to arrive in the U.K., so such freighting must be viable for the customer.

I am not aware of any company that ships these things as single items.  The car transporter on fire in the Atlantic has 4,000 vehicles on board.  A reefer (refrigerated container) carrying lamb from NZ or Oz won't have one lamb carcass inside it, it will have thousands.

In both cases, the freight rate is divided between the number of items so is a reasonable cost per unit, or they wouldn't bother shipping the cargo in the first place.

19 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I was reading an article that said during / since C19 10,000,000 of them are 'in the wrong places' around the globe and they  are struggling to get them back as it is only viable to use them as a 'return load'.

This is why the price of NEW containers has reached over $10,000 each.

I have a couple of 'old' (out of survey) 20 footers - they make great lock-ups.

Don't assume those containers are secure in any way, loads of small Arb firms have had them broken into

f you make a steel box to go over the padlock and locking lever ,thieves give them a miss 99% of the time.............they are more secure than any steel shed ..and less secure than a Scottish stone keep.

Aldi Stores generally have annual sales of burglars tools .... jemmys,bolt cutters,cheap battery angle  grinders ,thin cut discs for same,cheap battery drills,and of course ,hoodies to delight any security camera........Aldi , store of choice of hooligans worldwide.

On 27/02/2022 at 10:49, vindyboy said:

Hi just asking if anyone has for sale an Isuzu 3KC 18EA Engine for sale.

Just purchased a 45 foot Trad with a non running engine. Compression is down, engine turns over A okay but will not start. Looking at a rebuild, however just wondered if there was one ready to drop in as a replacement.

Thanks.

There is a Facebook group that may be helpful. Isuzu marine engines user group. Engines plus are the uk place for spares, but the biggest market for spares is in the United States.

• Greenie 2