New Trent Landmark.

BigRoj

Featured Posts

A new landmark on the river Trent at Nottingham is nearing completion. The cost of the development is put at £50m (source Nottingham Evening Post) with the price of a top floor penthouse suite put at £1.5m.

The 'dwellings' are situated at Sneinton/Colwick, next door to the Park Yacht Club, and there is rumoured to be moorings available in front of the building on the river. So they're gonna be full of 52ft gin palaces that go nowhere then!! Probably.

IMG_1767.jpg

It is an impressive looking building though, we've been following it's progress since they dug the first hole.

We really couldn't envisage what it was going to look like, obviously nothing like the artists impression that was published.

The views from the top suites will be fantastic, assuming nothing else is built in front of it on the opposite side of the river.

(Edited to remove duplication and excess negativity)

Edited by BigRoj

not really my cup of tea, a block of flats.

I know what you mean. It will look different again once it's finished and the detailing is done.

I'm reliably informed it's called 'River Crescent'. Bet a committee thought that one up!

I know what you mean. It will look different again once it's finished and the detailing is done.

I'm reliably informed it's called 'River Crescent'. Bet a committee thought that one up!

100 yards downstream is a millionares pad that is going to be flattend to build some more pads? its all owned by the same guy.

At least with that one you get a view. I have heard said the new flats next to Broadgate have a penthouse sold for a million........must make my house worth 2.

Tried to find a picture. I've got one somewhere adjacent to it, but can't find it at the minute. Looks as if I've got to get the scanner out.

Mind you, if he had a million pound house, flattened it and built 50????? flats, well you've got to hand it to him.

It looks really good. Much less of an eyesore than those Barratt boxes you see scattered all over the place. The trees help mitigate its size.

It just needs some finger jetties to the front, and plenty of boats, to bring that urban waterfront to life.

Stopped on the way home and took a few pics of the flats.

I'd not live there if they paid me, never mind buy one for a million but ???????

View looking north east.

flats1.jpg

View looking south east

flats2.jpg

Looking south. Flats are the building on the right of the picture.

flats3.jpg

North and you see the church opposite...flats are on the right. This is the back of the building.

flats4.jpg

View north from the road bridge over the Witham......flats are on the left.

flats5.jpg

And slightly further round.

flats6.jpg

100 yards downstream is a millionares pad that is going to be flattend to build some more pads? its all owned by the same guy.

I think you mean the Clothing Design Building, used to be owned by a clothing designer (still is probably), now some sort of college.

You say "Gin Palace" like it's a bad thing. Personally, I'd love to live in one. Especially if it was situated next to a Tonic Mansion and a Slice of Lemon Pavilion.

No, not a bad thing, but would look better at the coast where it looks as if it might be used, instead of 80 miles inland.