Mooring at Ellesmere Port Museum?

Tony1

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, frangar said:

I think its a real pity there isnt some pontoons like gloucester in that basin maybe with power/water etc like Llangollen to make it more of a destination....thodr moorings are right opposite the extraction fans for the hotel and can be really noisy...not to mention the lack of anything to actually tie up to last time we were there.

When I left the basin back in Feb they were drilling at the concrete banks of the pontoons, I think to put some rings in for visitor moorings- so at least that should be sorted out. 

For me personally the electric hookup thing isnt an issue, except in Dec and Jan, with me having lots of solar panels.

So I'm ok with that, although I can see it would make life easier for many boaters to have a hookup. 

I was lucky in that I had a boat moored in between me and the hotel, and I think it helped reduce the impact of the extractor fan noise a bit, so I didn't mind it. After a while your brain just filters it out. 

I do hope people aren't put off by the heavy weed on the approach, and by the £70 per week cost. I'm going to head back for a second visit shortly, and I haven't seen many boats heading up there so far.

9 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

7 whole days to see the port, it's not enough not by a long shot, the delights of the port are many and varied, starting with the wonderful elegance of the Westminster Bridge to the...

Nope can't do it, 7 days is a long time to spend in the port, trust me I did 18yrs ;)

You mean you left before you had even finished your bag of chips? 🤣😂😅

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

7 whole days to see the port, it's not enough not by a long shot, the delights of the port are many and varied, starting with the wonderful elegance of the Westminster Bridge to the...

Nope can't do it, 7 days is a long time to spend in the port, trust me I did 18yrs ;)

I baited the hook expertly Mr Monkey, and you took the bait in a single gulp  😀 

I dont like slagging any area down tbh, and it has some nice features, but its really only so I can visit local family more easily. 

11 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

I dont like slagging any area down tbh, and it has some nice features, but its really only so I can visit local family more easily. 

:)

It's a hole, let's not beat around the bush, it was a fine place to grow up I have no real problems but it's such an odd soulless place, Dad still lives there now

19 minutes ago, cuthound said:

You mean you left before you had even finished your bag of chips? 🤣😂😅

Ahhh that's one of the good things my local chippy, dead exotic that was we could buy that fancy Chinese food from there as well

19 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

You been the Horse and Jockey?

Just out the back gate.

8 minutes ago, Goliath said:

You been the Horse and Jockey?

Just out the back gate.

I didnt bother to be honest- a couple of the visiting boaters invited me over there one afternoon but I was already set to visit my brother

1 hour ago, Tony1 said:

I didnt bother to be honest- a couple of the visiting boaters invited me over there one afternoon but I was already set to visit my brother

Another time then. 

It’s a pub which most would call rough. and it could do with a lick of paint.

But they’re very friendly and welcoming. 
They used to have an Happy Hour that lasted pretty much all afternoon.

• Greenie 1