Bulls Bridge

mark99

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Derek R. said:

Adelaide Dock was originally rather longer, built in the early 1800s as a vestry wharf receiving coal and barging away rubbish for Haigs Mill. It had been unused for many years when we leased it from Ealing Council mid 70s. We put the Romney Building in to serve as a wet dock, and built the workshop and office. The guy we sold to in the 90s tried to run a hire fleet from there, and I guess is was him who painted the Fuel & Gas and Adelaide Dock wording. He went bust and I think BWB then bought the lease from Ealing so they had somewhere to put their maintenance craft (remember those, from the good old days?) once they sold Bulls Bridge Depot and Norwood Top yard.

Tam

Our son's lurcher on the unpainted bridge:

1398372140_Epneyrev.iicopy.jpg.5a6e8cfed58ba700e2257f7537b9d33b.jpg

• Greenie 3

IMG_20220220_103305.jpg.bb965ea5fb471132db20c61fc72fc0ca.jpg

On 17/02/2022 at 10:57, Derek R. said:

" . . And the next object is - Mineral . . . Mineral."

It's a tug. It could be RUISLIP . . .

For the young amongst us: http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Twenty_Questions

Or possibly OLTON? 

Although OLTON has an air cooled Lister but that one has water coming out the side...

Edited by magnetman

27 minutes ago, magnetman said:

It's not RUISLIP as that is smaller and fewer portholes and no hawsehole.

This little one is certainly undispleasing. IMG_20220220_103918.jpg.48464f5f1073bbdbd469b52b5ccded66.jpg

I used to pass Ruislip quite regularly when I moored at Birdingbury. At the time it was owned by Rex Wain, does he still own it?

There were a coople of others like OLTON. 

FALCONBROOK was one of them and another I forgot the name. 

It's definitely one of those ones. Welded I think not riveted. 

I think they were put together by EC Jones Brentford who of course did the Bantam push tugs. 

One of them was broken up just after the auction about ten years ago but I think OLTON and another one are still around somewhere. 

I used to pass Ruislip quite regularly when I moored at Birdingbury. At the time it was owned by Rex Wain, does he still own it?

Well Yes and No......................IIRC the boat is still in C&RTS' portfolio but Rex is the custodian seeing as how C&RT have probably forgotten all about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Graham_Robinson
  • Haha 1

It is a lovely little boat. 

I'm sure the other one (sister ship of FALCONBROOK and OLTON) was mentioned on here at some stage as a rebuild or restoration project. 

I think it was the FALCONBROOK which was broken up. There is a larger tug previously part of the EA Thames fleet with the same name. 

These boats have Lister HA6 units in them but it looks like the one in the OP photo has water cooled unit so perhaps the Listers were added later when someone realised not enough dredging was happening.

ETA the other one was the NASEBY.

Edited by magnetman

1 hour ago, mark99 said:

Ruislip is nice. The tug that is. Once lived in Ruislip the town I mean.  😁

It was when I lived there fifty years ago, but I wouldn't want to live there nowadays. Far too busy. It was semi rural in those days, I even worked on a dairy farm just round the corner when I was a lad.  This is what it looked like from the road.

Priors Farm Ruislip

Edited by David Schweizer
  • Greenie 1