Friday Wind Warning- Storm Eunice

matty40s

Featured Posts

Looking at Flightradar24 during these storms many planes couldn't land at all in this country and diverted back to from whence they came. Airbus A319, 320's seemed to be the worst effected by strong cross winds. mainly Queezyjet.  After lunch it will be windy with funny smells.

Aileron_yaw.gif

3 hours ago, bizzard said:

Looking at Flightradar24 during these storms many planes couldn't land at all in this country and diverted back to from whence they came. Airbus A319, 320's seemed to be the worst effected by strong cross winds. mainly Queezyjet.  After lunch it will be windy with funny smells.

Aileron_yaw.gif

Luckily not many had come from Australia :)

On 19/02/2022 at 13:38, MtB said:

I'm sure he will be sitting by his phone with nothing else to do, awaiting your call...

:giggles:

As I write, he and his mate are just finishing off. They had a turf-laying job this morning but the turf didn't turn up so, having a gap in their schedule, they've come round to us. Truck being loaded up, cash in envelope awaiting them. We're very pleased.

Edited by Athy

3 hours ago, Athy said:

As I write, he and his mate are just finishing off. They had a turf-laying job this morning but the turf didn't turn up so, having a gap in their schedule, they've come round to us. Truck being loaded up, cash in envelope awaiting them. We're very pleased.

And will you now need some of their turf to repair the damage where the tree came down?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Sod York!! Three days now without a mobile fone signal here lol :D

Sod no mobile signal, I've had no 230Vac in the hovel since fkucing Friday morning, and I'm havin' to slum it in one of my botes!! 

Worse, I have a genny in the hovel somewhere, but I can't fkn find it!!

• Horror 1

Think about others, the Avon Navigation Trust have been struggling to get the Avon fully navigable againnforn18 months...with Covid and repeated floods setting them back.

Again, they are up against massive flooding damage.

Here is the latest Strensham Lock picture.

The Avon/Severn Lock is level....about a foot over the towpath level.

Screenshot_20220221-212302_Chrome.jpg

19 minutes ago, MtB said:

Sod no mobile signal, I've had no 230Vac in the hovel since fkucing Friday morning, and I'm havin' to slum it in one of my botes!! 

Worse, I have a genny in the hovel somewhere, but I can't fkn find it!!

But no floods?

In County Wicklow, Franklin definitely beat Eunice. Our power went out at about 3.30 and was not back when we left the house to drive to the ferry this morning. I really felt for the guys fixing it, every few hours they'd close the breakers and the power would come back for a few seconds, only to be trip with some new fault. Three Atlantic storms in a week has been a rough welcome to Ireland, and an extended power cut in a house where everything needs electricity, including the water supply, was a bit of a shock. We have a backup plan with camping stoves, generator, etc but none of that stuff has arrived yet. Thankfully by this afternoon the Irish sea had calmed down a lot, and the crossing was not too lumpy. All the trucks on the car deck were chained down.

MP.

I find the Severn a bit laborious, apart from Upton, and stourport, and best of all Worcester, particularly when the races are on, but the Avon is glorious, some of the locks by the weirs are amazing, so picturesque. Rivers are a delight, but you have to know the mooring spots, I love being on them, and enjoy being off them for ease of mooring, good places to be in the summer though when the canals are full.

• Greenie 1