Friday Wind Warning- Storm Eunice

matty40s

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I take it you have checked that its not just your TV aerial thats blown down??

Its in the roof space and the roof is still on :D Apparently some big mast has come down? Also no mobile fone signal. Luckily my wifi comes down a good old fashioned wire thingy and that still works. So still in touch with kids etc via wi fi stuff, also pub isnt effected so its still open :cheers:

Today's Storm Franklin could be much worse up North, with the European Estofex warning system giving an unheard of level3 for N. Ireland and Scotland. There will be a nasty squall line this afternoon and the rainfall levels will exacerbate already high streams and rivers.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Today's Storm Franklin could be much worse up North, with the European Estofex warning system giving an unheard of level3 for N. Ireland and Scotland. There will be a nasty squall line this afternoon and the rainfall levels will exacerbate already high streams and rivers.

Matty,

Although I sometimes poke fun at the weather reports you relay to the board, I do appreciate them so thank you. Just thought I'd say. 

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Already very windy in TS12 and set to get very wet later today with winds picking up even more during the night.

Because it's not London, it's only a yellow warning....its called levelling up.

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

Matty,

Although I sometimes poke fun at the weather reports you relay to the board, I do appreciate them so thank you. Just thought I'd say. 

You havnt told us whether the crisp packet is safe with you on the boat or became victim of a violent puff on Friday??😜

5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Because it's not London, it's only a yellow warning....its called levelling up.

You havnt told us whether the crisp packet is safe with you on the boat or became victim of a violent puff on Friday??😜

Bad news I'm afraid. The crisp packet teamed up with an empty milk carton, a coal bag and quite a few other random bits of rubbish and formed a ball of rubbish skidding/rolling up the high street and past the Cross Keys never to be seen again, at about 11am on Friday.

I'll keep you informed if it turns up again. 

• Happy 1

7 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Not really London, Croydon is in Surrey or always was.

Here on the edge of Snowdonia the weather today is worse then Friday 

Well it is the Sun.

Maybe they knew they were from London, but visiting?? LOL

But - from wiki

Croydon is a large town in South London, England that gives its name to the London Borough of Croydon. It is one of the largest commercial districts in Greater London, with an extensive shopping district and night-time economy.[2] The entire town[3] had a population of 192,064 as of 2011,[4] whilst the wider borough had a population of 384,837. It is 9.4 miles (15.1 km) south of Charing Cross.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

11 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Well it is the Sun.

Maybe they knew they were from London, but visiting?? LOL

But - from wiki

Croydon is a large town in South London, England that gives its name to the London Borough of Croydon. It is one of the largest commercial districts in Greater London, with an extensive shopping district and night-time economy.[2] The entire town[3] had a population of 192,064 as of 2011,[4] whilst the wider borough had a population of 384,837. It is 9.4 miles (15.1 km) south of Charing Cross.

My wife was born there and we lived there until 2007. Trust me it is a dive. Even the Wetherspoons are closing

• Horror 1

44 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Our ferry back from Dublin this afternoon is cancelled. Rebooked tomorrow, expecting a rough crossing.

MP.

• Horror 1

37 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The Rochdale canal crew @dmr need to keep an eye on the flooding situation up therez warnings already in place from the EA

We had contemplated a short move today as tomoro is spotting day and due to unusual circumstances we are bridge hopping continuous moorers at present 😀.

Just walked up to Longlees lock (Eastern summit) with the dog and its un-navigable, gates overtopping at both ends and a 6 inch level difference across the lock. Walsden flood sirens sounded at 4 am this morning. Its very evocative as they are WW2 style air raid sirens.

A bit of sunshine forecast for tomoro.

The environment agency field at Warland is now mostly flooded, though have seen it worse. I really hope nobody ever gets permission to build on this, it holds back a lot of water. Both Waterfalls running very hard. It feels like only a couple of weeks ago that the sirens last went off, it does look like climate change is very much a reality here. 

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Today's Storm Franklin 

That's not a name I've heard before: it hasn't been mentioned on the T.V. weather bulletins as far as I'm aware.

We have steady 40 - 50 m.p.h. winds here which are forecast tp last all day, but I didn't know that someone had given them a name.

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

That's not a name I've heard before: it hasn't been mentioned on the T.V. weather bulletins as far as I'm aware.

We have steady 40 - 50 m.p.h. winds here which are forecast tp last all day, but I didn't know that someone had given them a name.

It was referenced on the weather after the late news bulletin on ITV.

Something along the lines of three storms in such a short space of time is 'some kind of record'.

Now on the BBC too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60452334

This issue now of course is damage to trees and structure weakened by Eunice.

14 minutes ago, Athy said:

The name disnt appear on behalf of the Met Office, it was Met Eirrean who named it, as they could see the dangers. Our Met office doesn't work weekends as no storms happen then.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1