Friday Wind Warning- Storm Eunice

matty40s

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, alias said:

Even if it gets windy, most of the trees that come down will be old and with preexisting ailments wont they?

Sort of, strong winds from an unusual direction can cause even solid trees to fail, it's one of the reasons the 87 storm caused so many issues

6 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Heres one for you...

Many roofs off in Devon.

Well that was cool

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Its actually turned into a lovely day here in Norfolk... a bit of wind but i wouldn't know its a storm?

Wait until later this evening...

8 minutes ago, alias said:

Even if it gets windy, most of the trees that come down will be old and with preexisting ailments wont they?

😂

Edited by blackrose

here in south Reading I am watching a neighbors very mature Xmas tree swaying in the winds, never seen it move so much before, and trying to work out if my greenhouse is in for it if it falls. Very pleased we had  a tall crab apple take down a few months ago because it had rot in the base. Judging by the sound the stove will act like a blast furnace if I light it.

Take care Mike, I would not like driving a van in this, especially on the motorway.

Its always breezy at the side of our house here in Ryde, IoW.

But the wind presssure has sucked three panes of glass out of the greenhouse and strewn the broken bits along the path.

😧

I never did like the name 'Eunice'.

And the radio has just reported a gust of 122mph at the Needles.

Good job we're at the other end of the Island!

Edited by Victor Vectis
spelin'.
  • Horror 1

57 minutes ago, alias said:

I thought that a significant factor was that it was October and trees were still in full leaf

15 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Its always breezy at the side of our house here in Ryde, IoW.

But the wind presssure has sucked three panes of glass out of the greenhouse and strewn the broken bits along the path.

😧

I never did like the name 'Eunice'.

And the radio has just reported a gust of 122mph at the Needles.

Good job we're at the other end of the Island!

Ive heard that its blown the Isle of Wight into 2002 now......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

Take care Mike, I would not like driving a van in this, especially on the motorway.

Thanks Tony. Rescheduled it earlier as customer (Finchampstead as it happens, rather than Reading) now has no power. Same here in the hovel - power cut - so I've decamped to the boat where everything is normal except for the foot high waves!!!