Friday Wind Warning- Storm Eunice

matty40s

Featured Posts

All schools in our county and others closed tomorrow. I am sure we had storms when I was a kid, schools didnt close then. Just had an email from my house insurers telling me a storm is headed my way lol.

Edited by mrsmelly

11 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

All schools in our county and others closed tomorrow. I am sure we had storms when I was a kid, schools didnt close then. Just had an email from my house insurers telling me a storm is headed my way lol.

Did you reply saying that a claim or two is headed their way 

15 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Just found out our granddaughter is not at shool tomorrow as the staff are having a development day.

I too got an email but from LV telling me how to drive in high winds and floods..

24 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

All schools in our county and others closed tomorrow. I am sure we had storms when I was a kid, schools didnt close then. 

That was the good old days when everyone worked in the town where they lived. They would walk to work, or to school, dodging the slates and falling chimneys. 

Now we drive everywhere and are told to stay at home  

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Just had an email from my house insurers telling me a storm is headed my way lol.

Just had one from mine giving me a phone number and quoting my policy number. I'm on the boat anyway so I'll only hear after the event. More concerned about the thatched roof on the cottage in Devon.

56 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

too got an email but from LV telling me how to drive in high winds and floods.

Yet to get that one.

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Yet to get that one.

Just got it.

I've been outside tying everything down. Took down my WiFi antenna but it still seems to be working ok in the well deck. I wrapped s rope around it and also around my satellite dish. 

I'm a bit concerned about my 600mm long 6" dia chimney with vedetta cowl. But I guess it's all round profile so perhaps not so susceptible? I can't really take it down so I hope it doesn't get blown away.