Finesse boat builders sheffield

Featured Posts

Hello everyone,

I’ve returned to my boat in Sheffield after a long illness and COVID restrictions and she desperately needs blacking. When walking the dog along the canal I saw that Finesse boating is all closed up and no new boats, so I presume they’re not trading or have moved. It would be handy if we could use their slip way to take boats out of the water for maintenance without having to go all the way to Stanniland Marina. Perhaps Victoria Quays management could rent it and make a few bob?  What do you all think?

7 minutes ago, Tuttifruity said:

Hello everyone,

I’ve returned to my boat in Sheffield after a long illness and COVID restrictions and she desperately needs blacking. When walking the dog along the canal I saw that Finesse boating is all closed up and no new boats, so I presume they’re not trading or have moved. It would be handy if we could use their slip way to take boats out of the water for maintenance without having to go all the way to Stanniland Marina. Perhaps Victoria Quays management could rent it and make a few bob?  What do you all think?

They were certainly still there when I spoke to Ricky earlier this week. When did you last see them, I believe they moved location several years ago to get more space?

51 minutes ago, Tuttifruity said:

Hello everyone,

Hi, 

I was pointed towards this post. 

We are still here and working, infact, you probably just missed our last batch of boats leave last week.

It is a little windy and cold for the big doors to be open. We are trying to move towards sustainable energy, (solar and biomass) so leaving the doors open in this weather isn't ideal.

At current we do not offer slipway services for blacking unless booked months in advance so it can be connected to other boat movements.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards

Ricky

• Greenie 1

On 16/02/2022 at 11:33, Tuttifruity said:

I walked past a couple of weeks ago, and I’m glad to hear that you’re still trading and best wishes for the future

Everything is booking up fast, as there was little boat movement in the last year I think priority from April will be to get boats blacked and do some travelling. You can’t get past Rotherham till the 19th March due to the new flood gate being installed.

Places to try Stanniland Marina,  Nationwide Narrowboats, Bluewater Marina(all these at Thorne) Strawberry Island boat club, Castleford and Goole Boathouse, all these are within 2-3days travel. You would need to book now.

I took mine to Goole a couple of years ago with another, couldn’t fault the service and how friendly they were. We both had new anodes, the other boat new rudder stock bearing and other work, all done on the day and a fair price. Your boat could get pulled out on trailer.

Everything much cheaper and quicker then Stannilands.