L & L canal Short Boats Wye & Mersey

swift1894

Featured Posts

Greenwalls Farm, Dodleston. 

There is a bus stop with the same name. 

ETA I don't know that this is where those particular boats are but it is a location where CRT road transport and store S8 removal boats on hardstanding.

It seems reasonably likely they are there. 

Edited by magnetman

Yes and slightly worryingly what appears to be a partly dismantled wide craft beside what looks like a modern widebeam. 

It seems unlikely that the L&L boats would be lost but it is a concern. 

Of course we don't know when the sat view was taken and it's more than my job is worth to provide the live view on here ;)

Yes it was CBS but I think they have gone quiet due to some problems. 

ETA I see they do have a couple of narrow boats advertised. Those will probably be at Greenwalls farm.

It's an interesting situation really. Some of the boats are quite valuable. Arthur (Mersey L&L boat) was for sale for about £75k ten years ago. Full conversion on it and some hull works done so it's not scrap. 

There are other valuable craft that CRT remove and at some point presumably they get sold. 

It would be useful if this information was publicly available, specially for historic craft which some people might feel quite strongly about. 

Edited by magnetman