Thetford cassette vent

blackrose

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Well firstly thankyou for your amateur (and flawed) psychological assessment. 

You seem fixated with seeing a picture of my actual toilet in my actual caravan which is frankly bizarre considering it doesn't actually look very different from the stock picture I already posted. In case you are not clear, that is what ours looks like. And for further clarity - that is what it looks like.

It doesn't have a bulkhead, which by the way in a boat would not be free standing, it would be fixed to the wall. Why the heck would it be freestanding?

Ours is fixed against the solid outside wall of the bathroom, this is in order that the cassette pulls out into the open air, this being the advantage over a boat as you don't have to drag your poo suitcase through the living accommodation. (It is worth remembering that these units are actually primarily designed for install into leisure vehicles).

I accept my criticism may have been overly harsh and frank but I guess your repeated suggesting that those of us that state our cassette loos do not smell are 'nose blind' or some how not telling the truth riled me if I'm being honest.

On the issue of posting pictures of work done I would suggest if you only wish to receive comments of a positive nature and you really don't care what others think  then posting images of the work in an internet forum is probably not a good idea. It is a discussion forum and you will receive critical comments as well as positive ones, that is the nature of the beast. Some of us are prepared to express an honest opinion, even if it is gauged the recipient might not like it.

I still think the install looks 'cobbled' together and I was surprised given I recall seeing pictures of other parts of the interior of your boat and it is from memory very nicely done. This seemed out of kilter with the rest of the fit out.

I can't even be bothered to read your reply. You're a fool and you're just not worth any more of my time.

Do what you want on your caravan, boat or whatever, and I'll do what I want on mine. I hope that's ok with you?

Edited by blackrose

4 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I can't even be bothered to read your reply. You're a fool and you're just not worth any more of my time.

Do what you want on your caravan, boat or whatever, and I'll do what I want on mine. I hope that's ok with you?

Your comments have been filed and marked - 'archive/unimportant'.

Heath Robinson and Rowland Emett would be proud!

Its a cobblers shop job. Sorry but I have been fitting boats out for 35 years and nobody I did a boat for would accept that installation.

Edited by Tracy D'arth
2 many ms
  • Greenie 1

My solution....since I knew as a walk through bathroom the toilet would be on display I didn't want to look at an ugly lump of plastic. I asked the boat builder to box it in, its also handy to keep smells contained. It has a bi fold top and the cassette exits from the wash basin cabinet.   The only image I have of the toilet in place is the build picture.

IMG_0957.JPG

bathtoil.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

bathtoil1.jpg

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

I know you don't like the freestanding bulkhead idea, but it is a quite common and accepted design in narrowboat bathrooms. To be honest, I think you would have achieved a better look by putting a Porta Potti in there like the top of the line 565 model below. You'd have saved yourself about £600 too. 

61KgQlTA1PL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1 minute ago, Chagall said:

My solution....since I knew as a walk through bathroom the toilet would be on display I didn't want to look at an ugly lump of plastic. I asked the boat builder to box it in, its also handy to keep smells contained. It has a bi fold top and the cassette exits from the wash basin cabinet.   The only image I have of the toilet in place is the build picture.

Very posh! Yes it would have looked very out of place in that bathroom.

And nicely done.

3 minutes ago, Chagall said:

That toilet installation is truly a thing of beauty.  

Edited by booke23
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Love the arts and crafts pieces, is that general throughout the boat?

I like a boat with a theme.

Shows what can be achieved with a little imagination and decent materials. Instead of a hammer and a knife and fork approach.

Thank you....Yes, and heavily influenced by my favourite authors J. RR Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. 

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Heath Robinson and Rowland Emett would be proud!

Its a cobblers shop job. Sorry but I have been fitting boats out for 35 years and nobody I did a boat for would accept that installation.

You are also entitled to your opinion - others disagree. Perhaps what you fail to understand is the difference between a professional fit out and someone who's just installing something for themselves? I wasn't fitting the toilet for anyone else, I was doing it for myself and I'm perfectly happy with the way it looks so that's all that matters. You probably wouldn't like the rest of the fit-out in my boat either and perhaps I wouldn't like yours or Nasty Nomad's. It's completely irrelevant what we think of each other's boats as long as we are happy with them ourselves.

Can you please post a picture of the toilet installation on your boat so we may judge your boat fitting skills? It seems odd that the most critical here seem reluctant to post pictures of their own work. 😏

2 hours ago, Chagall said:

IMG_0957.JPG

bathtoil.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

bathtoil1.jpg

If that installation is to your taste that's very good. It wouldn't be to mine but that's irrelevant.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

42 minutes ago, Slow and Steady said:

Harsh you lot! He just wants poo and no stink, not make a fashion statement. Each to their own and all that. :)

Exactly. But it's the same bunch of boat fascists trying to impose their views on everyone else so I don't pay them much attention. They want everything done their way and have a problem accepting that other people don't necessarily like what they like. Children.

1 hour ago, booke23 said:

I know you don't like the freestanding bulkhead idea, but it is a quite common and accepted design in narrowboat bathrooms. To be honest, I think you would have achieved a better look by putting a Porta Potti in there like the top of the line 565 model below. You'd have saved yourself about £600 too. 

61KgQlTA1PL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks, but no thanks. Yes, I know the freestanding bulkhead idea is common in boat bathrooms but I don't like it and didn't want it in mine.

Edited by blackrose

2 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Exactly. But it's the same bunch of boat fascists trying to impose their views on everyone else so I don't pay them much attention. They want everything done their way and have a problem accepting that other people don't necessarily like what they like. Children.

Boat fascists.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

If that installation is to your taste that's very good. It wouldn't be to mine but that's irrelevant.

Yes, apologies, it was just a vanity. 

Edited by Chagall
missed an important letter!

1 minute ago, blackrose said:

This is the sort of thing I'd have ended up with had I bought "the correct toilet". It would have ruined my bathroom. I'm so glad I didn't do it! ☺️

image.png.c8de35dd46d29e01c50971d9921cdc7f.png

Not quite, the hatch is on the wrong side........

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And the loo roll box would be superfluous....

Yes we get it Mike BTW, you are happy with your rather inferior installation.

You said several posts ago discussion on your incorrect toilet choice had ceased. So why have you resurrected it?

4 hours ago, Chagall said:

Thank you....Yes, and heavily influenced by my favourite authors J. RR Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. 

Last night I dreamed I'd written the novel "Lord of the Rings"... but it turned out I was just Tolkien in my sleep.

As you have chosen to resurrect the discussion about 'proper' toilets another option would have been this one, which has a much smaller 'cistern', resulting in a much smaller and neater bulkhead.

Screenshot_20220313-220915_Chrome.jpg