Private moorings

Chelen13

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, Chelen13 said:

Hi all, 

we’re a live aboard family and in need of a permanent mooring when the kids start school in a few years. Does anyone know of any non Marina moorings on the K&A, near Bath? Hoping to join a waiting list but struggling to find non marinas. 
Thanks. 

For permanent, you have a few choices: Marinas (and then, maybe not residential) ; CRT moorings : End of garden moorings; and for some months during the winter, CRT winter moorings. 

Edited by Higgs

1 minute ago, Chelen13 said:

I totally get there’s tons of people that want the same. I just wondered if anyone knows of anything through word of mouth. 

I suspect there are very few boaters on CWDF who are permanently moored on the K&A near Bath, so you may be better asking one of the online forums (Facebook?) where they congregate... 😉

-- and you'll probably get more helpful replies and fewer sarcastic or insulting ones, going by recent postings asking similar questions... 😞

3 hours ago, IanD said:

I suspect there are very few boaters on CWDF who are permanently moored on the K&A near Bath, so you may be better asking one of the online forums (Facebook?) where they congregate... 😉

Such is the demand for what you are after that I suspect many moorings change hands by word of mouth without ever being advertised. So get out there, make yourself known to the local liveaboards (whether they have a permanent mooring or not) and talk to them. That way you might get to hear on the grapevine of anything coming up.

Just now, David Mack said:

Such is the demand for what you are after that I suspect many moorings change hands by word of mouth without ever being advertised. So get out there, make yourself known to the local liveaboards (whether they have a permanent mooring or not) and talk to them. That way you might get to hear on the grapevine of anything coming up.

I didn't necessarily mean to find a mooring via the Bath-heavy forums, I just meant to get more information from people who live there as opposed to people on CWDF who seem to generally dislike them or hold them in contempt... 😉

Moorings in places like Bath and London have the same problem as decent boats today, the demand is so high compared to supply that they often never make it out into the public world, they're snapped up by insiders first...