Unable to send messages to other members

Featured Posts

My status has now changed to member, so if someone has fixed this in the background, thanks.

1 minute ago, RichM said:

To send a direct message to another user, you currently need 10 posts or more.

In the past, we encountered a spam attack. As part of a wider & continual effort to maintain and keep the site secure, the above requirement is currently in place. We will review this again soon and if there's any changes we will let you know. 

In the meantime I have changed the error message so that it is clear although in this case you should no longer see this error given you now have more than 10 posts.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, DanGoodman said:

I sent a message about this to the contact us form 2 days ago, and have had no response. Given the number of other things that seem to be incorrect about the forums behaviour for me I would not be surprised to discover the messages did not get through.

Sorry if there as been a delay responding to your message. The site is staffed by volunteers and at certain times Rich can't get to all of them straight away, and I am also often unable to turn them around as promptly as would be ideal. 

1 hour ago, Slim said:

What I don't understand is that the original post shows that 11 previous ones had been made. to my addled brain that's more than 5

The users post count updates each time a post if made (other than those in the Virtual Pub) rather than being a reflection of the number made at the time of the post in question. 

Just now, DHutch said:

Sorry if there as been a delay responding to your message. The site is staffed by volunteers and at certain times Rich can't get to all of them straight away, and I am also often unable to turn them around as promptly as would be ideal. 

I wasn't complaining about the response time, but as someone who works with computers for a living I am very aware how configuration errors can lead to lost data, so I the thought that I might be writing to no one had occurred to me. I am grateful that such a useful resource exists at all.