Recommended Brokerage to Sell My Boat

Old Son

Featured Posts

I remember reading topics some time ago which discussed recommended boat brokerages for selling narrow boats.

Can somebody provide me with a name/contact which would allow me to contact them and discuss the best way forward.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, Old Son said:

I remember reading topics some time ago which discussed recommended boat brokerages for selling narrow boats.

Can somebody provide me with a name/contact which would allow me to contact them and discuss the best way forward.

Thank you

In 2015 we used Rugby Boats. Very good service.

They have since changed hands but their reputation seems intact.

If you wish to sell it down there, Tingdene Boat sales covers most of the Southern areas. See if you can message @Chris B formerly Baldock

If you dont mind holding the viewings, then Rugby Boats or ABNB are the pick of the bunch in the Midlands.

Screenshot_20220209-185226_Chrome.jpg

Edited by matty40s

14 minutes ago, Old Son said:

Thanks. I was thinking of spending some of my holiday taking the boat to the brokerage, one of the questions I was planning to ask.

I'm not sure my local brokers are of the same calibre as the companies recommended.

Every boat on Rugby Boat Sales web page is listed as sold or under offer. Its much the same each time I take a peek. Plus they often get boats sold before they make it to the listing.

When we sold our boat was based up in Yorkshire on the Aire & Calder.

Because we had bought it from RBS and because of their reputation we had it moved all the way back to there to sell it. I figured the cost to do that was money well spent.

If you can move it yourself, even better.

I was talking to friends yesterday who recently sold their boat through ABNB. They took photos to ABNB office and they came up with what they though it would sell for so they agreed to sell. The boat was at Yelvertoft so ABNB went to collect it. When they got it back they rang my friends and suggested increasing the price by £5K sold in 4 days at a very slightly reduced price with no survey so they had the money in just over a week.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Haggle to get the best deal, as boats are in high demand at present, ABNB are selling boats they wouldnt have touched even a year ago because they just have to.

They turned their noses up at selling my beautiful Orion tug for me last year! 

4 hours ago, MtB said:

They turned their noses up at selling my beautiful Orion tug for me last year! 

I bought my own beautiful Orion tug via RBS eight years ago and RBS would be my first choice if I was selling it today.

Knowing what I do today, I probably paid more than I should have for it (virtually the asking price), but I think I could make a small profit if I sold it now.

Might be completely wrong of course.

Until I looked the Staff up on their website I didn’t realise that ABNB had changed hands again last year…..and they do seem to have boats on their books now that might be more suited to being at Whilton…I’m not sure if that’s market conditions or a change of tack from the new owners. 

16 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Braunston Marina do a pretty good speed of sale too it seems, especially for boats not in their utmost prime? 

Braunston Marina sold our boat and proved to be both professional and thorough, keeping us regularly informed of any interest and offers. They sold it very quickly for a figure very close to the asking price, despite some nay sayers on the forum claiming that it was overpriced! I can strongly recommend them.