lister petter lpws4

pluto83

Featured Posts

Just called sleeman and asked for a quote, I need three items headset switch water temp switch and oil pressure switch. all items for everything are cheap elsewhere. why are the charging 5x the amount of standard prices.

I need advice can I buy cheap alternatives. I don't have the lister gauges, and I don't know what to do?

9Put on some overalls.  Take the three items you want to a decent motor factors, agricultural machinery dealers, or plant machinery dealers,  put them on the counter and say:

" I need one (or two if you are having a spare for stock). of each of these.  Off a Lister LPWS 4."

They should be able to find you pattern items, probably made by the same people as supplied Lister.

If you tell us where you are someone will suggest a suitable dealer, probably.

N

What is a headset switch ?

The temp switch I just paid the lister price for (last one I bought but was about £35) but any 1/8 NPT thread temp switch that operates at a higher temperature than your thermostat would do. The OEM part is two terminal (insulated rather than earth return) but as one of the two wires is neg/earth anyway you can use a single term one

The oil switches seem particularly poor and last time I was quoted about £100 for one.... I spent ages trying to find an alternative. You need a normally closed oil pressure switch (when oil press increases light goes out). From memory I really struggled to get one with a 1/8 npt thread that operated at or close to the right pressure. Think I got a 1/4 npt one and an adapter  but id have to check. Try searching for fuel safety switch (designed to shut-off fuel if engine stops on yank outboards and the like)  The OEM one has 3 terminals as its a changeover type switch but you don't need a 3 term one. Also some 2 or 3 term ones are combined pressure warning light and gauge sender.

Hope that helps

Edited by jonathanA