Enough Lithium for the future?

PD1964

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Looks like its not very welcoming with all those "No Entry" signs !

It is actually the guides are ex miners and all friendly & ready for a chat, one told me when funds allow they are going to make the first level down safe so that visitors can go down in the cage, in the meantime a horizontal drift tunnel is open.

pretty much all the machiery and eqiupement is still there, only a small amount was removed after closure and the head gear and cage are still operational as they use it for inspections, so this one probably wouldn't hard to mine lithium from.

The tunnels are extensive and link up with the National Trust owned Levant mine along the coast.

Nice tea room as well.

43 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

It is actually the guides are ex miners and all friendly & ready for a chat, one told me when funds allow they are going to make the first level down safe so that visitors can go down in the cage, in the meantime a horizontal drift tunnel is open.

pretty much all the machiery and eqiupement is still there, only a small amount was removed after closure and the head gear and cage are still operational as they use it for inspections, so this one probably wouldn't hard to mine lithium from.

The tunnels are extensive and link up with the National Trust owned Levant mine along the coast.

Nice tea room as well.

Maybe you are not seeing what I (and others ?) are seeing, your post has no picture, just several of these scattered across the big empty space 

No entry sign safety sign - 3mm Aluminium 300mm x 300mm : Amazon.co.uk: DIY  & Tools

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Maybe you are not seeing what I (and others ?) are seeing, your post has no picture, just several of these scattered across the big empty space 

No entry sign safety sign - 3mm Aluminium 300mm x 300mm : Amazon.co.uk: DIY  & Tools

I've redone them Alan, obviously linking to my Google Photos didn't work.

6 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

I read today that Lithium has risen 5 fold in price - and this before most of us have gone electric!

Another crisis in the making? And a chance for corporates to make even more?

Maybe, in the short term 😞

This is one reason sodium-ion batteries are likely to take over a large part of the market in future, there's no shortage of sodium... 😉

13 hours ago, peterboat said:

I have heard that they are shipping them down from Lancashire Jim 

Ah, word of the trade has got out then. Harvest them from over the border, sell them in  Cornwall. They aren't ideal, strong I'th arm but weak I'th 'ed. Arms a bit short too.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Ah, word of the trade has got out then. Harvest them from over the border, sell them in  Cornwall. They aren't ideal, strong I'th arm but weak I'th 'ed. Arms a bit short too.

They will be ok Jim, they can stretch them at night on the rack!

• Greenie 1