crt keys

haza

Featured Posts

hello all .i know other people besides boaters have crt keys ,but what are the chances of this not being a boater ? i went too  the elsan today .and i could not believe the state of what ever animal left it in .how hard is it to flush and clean there deposits away .what creature left it in that state could not have used original blue . my moneys on a boater sorry animal 

1 minute ago, haza said:

hello all .i know other people besides boaters have crt keys ,but what are the chances of this not being a boater ? i went too  the elsan today .and i could not believe the state of what ever animal left it in .how hard is it to flush and clean there deposits away .what creature left it in that state could not have used original blue . my moneys on a boater sorry animal 

Self pumpout is the usual one for that.  I don't think it's possible to make that much mess with a cassette even if you tipped it on the floor instead of down the hole.

A high speed pump can really make a difference though!  Walls, ceilings, floor, door - and when they eventually notice, they just dunk their hoses in the canal to rinse them and then leave. Dirty b*stards.

11 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Self pumpout is the usual one for that.  I don't think it's possible to make that much mess with a cassette even if you tipped it on the floor instead of down the hole.

A high speed pump can really make a difference though!  Walls, ceilings, floor, door - and when they eventually notice, they just dunk their hoses in the canal to rinse them and then leave. Dirty b*stards.

Really?
Not the boater type I met at Anderton several years ago whilst doing a self-pumpout. He comes in with his cassette sees my 1 1/4" cranked waste pipe hooked into the elsan with outlet below water level, grumbles about not being able to use the facility then tips his sh*t all over the top of the sluice counter. Lady cleaner comes in horrified but I tell he not to worry and clean it all up for her when I'm finished. Dirty b*stard!

Edited by Midnight
  • Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Midnight said:

Really?
Not the boater type I met at Anderton several years ago whilst doing a self-pumpout. He comes in with his cassette sees my 1 1/4" cranked waste pipe hooked into the elsan with outlet below water level, grumbles about not being able to use the facility then tips his sh*t all over the top of the sluice counter. Lady cleaner comes in horrified but I tell he not to worry and clean it all up for her when I'm finished. Dirty b*stard!

4 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I have been self pumping out for 30 years, never made any mess in a sluice or a lavatory.

But seen plenty of glugging cassette users spill the contents over floors and sluice tops.

I agree self pump out can be done cleanly with the correct pump and a considerate boater.  You two sound like you qualify on both counts, so I haven't got a problem with the general concept.

I have also seen the aftermath of too fast a pump and a flailing hose!t  It's very rare for even the most careless cassette user to get a thick coating on the ceiling and the walls ...

I suppose it's the usual thing in life, some people are just tw@ts and spoil stuff for the rest of us.

• Greenie 1

it was not caused by pump out . as the elsan only   accomadates cassette toilets if it was pump out  you would need a very  very long hose to reach the elsan as there is not a hose at the elsan where the dirty ..stard.made the mess 

1 minute ago, haza said:

it was not caused by pump out . as the elsan only   accomadates cassette toilets if it was pump out  you would need a very  very long hose to reach the elsan as there is not a hose at the elsan where the dirty ..stard.made the mess 

Self Pump outers keep very very long hoses.

6 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Self Pump outers keep very very long hoses.

I once saw a boat with a self pump out and not long enough hose at Worsley when the elsan was still in use.  For those that don't know it, it's set back a long way from the canal.

They were pumping out into 5 gallon containers then walking to the elsan point with them.  It did strike me as unnecessary effort - I think I'd have gone to a different services block!

yes  biscuit i would have  thought the same .i have also seen ,where there is know pump out at the elsan ,where they just lifted the man hole cover up and done it that way ok i suppose but  like some one said dirty ..stards also i seen some one walking out of the bushes with there cassette in there hand .i dread to thing where he emptied  that 

53 minutes ago, haza said:

would you say they keep one maybe 150ft then 

if not longer

Don’t know, that’s a fair distance. 

I’d have thought keeping 70’ or 80’ would be more than enough to reach most elsans. 

I’ve never had to walk more than a few steps to empty my cassette. 

44 minutes ago, David Mack said:

If I ever had a self pumpout fitted I would run a wire along the discharge hose to a switch near the outlet end, so I could turn the pumpout pump on and off while supervising the discharge into the elsan point hopper.

I thought most had a hand pump thing going on?

Edited by Goliath

7 minutes ago, haza said:

yes  biscuit i would have  thought the same .i have also seen ,where there is know pump out at the elsan ,where they just lifted the man hole cover up and done it that way ok i suppose but  like some one said dirty ..stards also i seen some one walking out of the bushes with there cassette in there hand .i dread to thing where he emptied  that 

Emptying down a sewer manhole seems a reasonable thing to do. 

• Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Emptying down a sewer manhole seems a reasonable thing to do. 

You have to be sure its a foul drain though. Many manholes particularly around the canals are surface water only and run to streams or the canal itself.

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Self pumpout with a manual pump??  Surely paying someone else to pump out or using a cassette are preferable to that much effort!

Dunno then, maybe they’re priming it with hand pump first?

cant say I’ve stood around long enough watching. 

The water pressure from the tap within the elson facility here is not good and it's quite horrifying how many folks rinse their loos under the drinking water tap outside, the dirty people.

If I catch them they get told about the aerosol effect and how foul their behaviour is.

I can see that my instant freeze cylindrical  briquetting toilet mortar system could become a market leader quite quickly with this sort of discontent around disposal options.

We have been working on various discharge methods including explosive charges, compressed air and powerful elastic bands. 

Patent pending. 

Point being that with the the "Out of Shite out of Mind, (tm)" directional discharge tube arrangement one will be able to project the frozen briquette to a distance of approximately 1.7km (1.1 mile) depending on the prevailing Wind and other propellant based factors. 

The freezing and briquetting process only takes around 24 seconds from the point that the toilet lid is closed. Reed switch system. Transfer to the mortar tube and automatic allocation of discharge angle and compass point takes a further 28 seconds. Manual settings can be entered but will usually take longer. There is an ad-supported app for this. 

Rapid re-use of the facility is therefore  available, subject to discharge of the frozen briquette, within a timeframe of a around a minute. 

User safety is guaranteed by including an electrically operated flap which prevents the upper area of the apparatus becoming frozen and causing skin sticking issues. There is a small electrical heating element in the seat part. 

Please read instructions before use. 

One does need to be quite organised and choose the time and target area.

In some cases 1.7km is not all that far away. The frozen product will not be stored below freezing temperature after use on the standard unit. An upgrade will be available for 35 minutes at -16 degrees C. 

I hope this is going to be a useful unit. 

• Haha 3