Brecon-Monmouth Canal.

David Salter

Featured Posts

Hello, and thanks for having me on the forum. I've been boating 30 plus years, canal, river and sea. Gave up when I retired but miss it so much I've bought and old Norman which I'm renovating and intend to launch it by trailer in the spring. Now, my nearest canal from where I live is the Brecon, can anyone advise me if there is a suitable slipway along the canal and if there is a likelyhood of obtaining a six month summer mooring?

10 hours ago, David Salter said:

Hello, and thanks for having me on the forum. I've been boating 30 plus years, canal, river and sea. Gave up when I retired but miss it so much I've bought and old Norman which I'm renovating and intend to launch it by trailer in the spring. Now, my nearest canal from where I live is the Brecon, can anyone advise me if there is a suitable slipway along the canal and if there is a likelyhood of obtaining a six month summer mooring?

MIght be worth contacting the holiday hire companies.  Their boats are mostly all out over the summer, so there's a fair chance they'll have space for you.

• Greenie 1

You can also launch it at Pencelli (public launch point for smaller boats so yours should be OK) , Heron's Rest (they would charge I suspect) and at Beacon Park Boats at LLangattock (again they would probably charge you). Likewise Cambrian Cruisers can launch smaller boats but again charge. Cambrian might also be able to offer you a short term mooring? Also there seems to be lots of vacancies at  Roberts Farm, but it is remote with few facilities? As someone else said, Goytre Wharf is the largest marina and there seems to be many vacancies and they can launch boats.

• Greenie 1