Adding Paraffin to red diesel

swift1894

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, swift1894 said:

Anyone tried this when the weather is very cold? My Old Dutch doesn’t seem to respond much when I turn it up as maybe the diesel is too” sluggish”. Paraffin would thin it down methinks.

Just buy Winter Diesel (Normally available from October) as it has anti-waxing agents put into it.

34 minutes ago, swift1894 said:

Anyone tried this when the weather is very cold? My Old Dutch doesn’t seem to respond much when I turn it up as maybe the diesel is too” sluggish”. Paraffin would thin it down methinks.

Use 10% to 20% kerosene for diesel engine use but diesel heaters will run on even more or neat kerosene and burn clean.

Depending on the head of the fuel supply, and whatever filters you have in the supply to the heater, you may find this is where your problem is. when I installed my Bubble, it fitted a filter with a paper element, and found when really cold it restricted the minimal flow the heater demands. I removed the element and left the body in place as a sedimenter. The flow rate is nowhere near fast enough to stir up any particles, and the stove works perfectly. The filter in the Toby valve is still clear.