Thetford C263S

blackrose

Featured Posts

Does anyone know if this toilet (pictured) has to be mounted against a bulkhead, or can it just be floor mounted?

https://www.thetford-europe.com/gb/products/toilets/cassette-toilets/c263-s-ceramic-bowl

I'm completely confused by the installation instructions as it seems to be showing 3 different models. Thetford don't seem to provide any way of contacting them on their website. I'll try calling a dealer tomorrow but just wondered if anyone here knew.

Edited by blackrose

I installed a C263 CS a few months back, which is the same as the one you are looking at except it has a 'cistern' (pictured below). This toilet is held by 4 screws through the bottom of the unit into the floor. There is a small plastic bracket on this model that you attach to the wall. This holds the 'cistern' against the wall but isn't structural as such. 

Your example I imagine just has the floor screws so doesn't need to be mounted to a bulkhead, although I'm not certain. 

ContentDownload?h=C263-CS%2bholdingtank_copy.jpg

Page 6 of the installation Manual refers to a service door which seems to be a separate component.  You will need clearance to get the cassette in and out.  My model has two holes in the bulkhead one for the cassette door and the other for the water tank filler door.  You probably don't need the latter if the flush is plumbed in to your water system.