Mooring Fee increase

Laurie Booth

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

My moorings at Fazeley Mill Marina have just increased by nearly 20% has anyone had the same?

Is it now attracting ABC prices?

We are waiting to see what Lakeland are going to do in march as they only let moorers pay for 3 months rather than a full year.

How does the new charge compare with other marinas with comparable facilities ?

There was a marina  near me that was at one time cheaper but now the prices are all much the same. Perhaps you have had a good deal last year and  now  the price has caught up with others?

If not you have the option to move elsewhere ?

8 hours ago, MartynG said:

How does the new charge compare with other marinas with comparable facilities ?

There was a marina  near me that was at one time cheaper but now the prices are all much the same. Perhaps you have had a good deal last year and  now  the price has caught up with others?

If not you have the option to move elsewhere ?

THat's if you can find room elsewhere!

14 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

My moorings at Fazeley Mill Marina have just increased by nearly 20% has anyone had the same?

Ouch! We haven’t had a bill yet. I suppose if you look at ABC’s 2021 price list, FMM is one of the cheaper ones so maybe they are increasing it to level out the different marinas a bit. On the other hand, FMM is fairly basic when it comes to facilities. 
69BE102F-FCE0-43B1-90DF-EFE0DC76B378.jpeg.1355dd93fa236939c8d348c8b0032e71.jpeg

• Greenie 1

16 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

One of mine just went up by 10%.

The question that springs to mind is have they been increasing your fee annually up until now or has it been left level for a number of years so their rates steadily fell behind? And now they are going a 'catch-up'? 

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Ouch! We haven’t had a bill yet. I suppose if you look at ABC’s 2021 price list, FMM is one of the cheaper ones so maybe they are increasing it to level out the different marinas a bit. On the other hand, FMM is fairly basic when it comes to facilities. 

The above is the new rates for moorings. 

2 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Gosh, ABC have accumulated quite a few!

I didn't know that Springwood Haven was now one of theirs. What is more surprising is that, despite being a very pleasant marina with good facilities, it's the cheapest of the lot.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Gosh, ABC have accumulated quite a few!

I didn't know that Springwood Haven was now one of theirs. What is more surprising is that, despite being a very pleasant marina with good facilities, it's the cheapest of the lot.

Probably the "Nuneaton effect" 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Mire likely the how do you get down the access road without a sherpa.

Have they still not improved the road through the quarry?

Luckily when I hired from there once I had a Citroen with hydraulic suspension, so by raising the ride height I was able to drive to the marina without grounding the car.

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Those came in April 2021. When did you move into FMM, I can’t remember? Maybe you didn’t pay a full year?

29E65211-F6CC-4F93-A24E-183C7B81FB42.jpeg.0cb1736d8aa1153c09c3829816a8afdd.jpeg

I came in 2019 and have paid £1200 per year, now just over £1500 starting this April :) My boat Clarrie is 35ft.

15 hours ago, Goliath said:

What’s that equate to ? 
96p?

when you next in the three horse shoes?

Be there in Feb

:)

1 hour ago, Laurie Booth said:

I came in 2019 and have paid £1200 per year, now just over £1500 starting this April :) My boat Clarrie is 35ft.

Be there in Feb

Well something not right there because as you can see from the price list I posted dated 2021, a 35’ boat would be £1536 in 2021. It was a bit confusing when ABC took over, because whilst Pridewater had a payment year on the anniversary of moving in, ABC like to have it over the financial year.

Anyway, I just got the 2022 price list in the post this morning, fees have gone up 3% which seems entirely reasonable.

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Well something not right there because as you can see from the price list I posted dated 2021, a 35’ boat would be £1536 in 2021. It was a bit confusing when ABC took over, because whilst Pridewater had a payment year on the anniversary of moving in, ABC like to have it over the financial year.

Anyway, I just got the 2022 price list in the post this morning, fees have gone up 3% which seems entirely reasonable.

You are quite correct that the cost was £1536 from April 2021. My mooring fee was payable March 2021 so I paid 2020 prices :)

51 minutes ago, Laurie Booth said:

You are quite correct that the cost was £1536 from April 2021. My mooring fee was payable March 2021 so I paid 2020 prices :)

Ok well here is the price list from 2019. 

4F7C233D-8284-4295-8DA3-ADC169CAEE45.jpeg.ea22ba2536b3205d997b88cdf056c491.jpeg

So from 2019 to 2021 it went up 2.7%, and now for 2022 it’s gone up another 3%. Less than inflation. I suspect that you didn’t pay for a full year in your payment for 2019

Edited by nicknorman

5 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Ok well here is the price list from 2019. 

4F7C233D-8284-4295-8DA3-ADC169CAEE45.jpeg.ea22ba2536b3205d997b88cdf056c491.jpeg

So from 2019 to 2021 it went up 2.7%, and now for 2022 it’s gone up another 3%. Less than inflation. I suspect that you didn’t pay for a full year in your payment for 2019

You must be correct, I must have been paying a part payment not a full year, my apologies to all concerned.

Fair enough. And for clarity, actually that price list I  just posted is November 2019. This was around the time when ABC took over. But in 2018 under the previous owners we paid £41.50 per foot. So from 2018 to 2022 (4 years) and now under ABC, it has gone up 9%, which equates to 2.2% per year, which I don’t think is unreasonable.

And we now get 10% discount on anything we buy in the marina including diesel, which when we bought some around Christmas time was thus still 74p/litre.

Now if you want a moan, pump out used to be £9.60 for moorers pre ABC (2018), then it was £14.50 and now just recently it has gone up to £18. That is really shit.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 1

17 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Fair enough. And for clarity, actually that price list I  just posted is November 2019. This was around the time when ABC took over. But in 2018 under the previous owners we paid £41.50 per foot. So from 2018 to 2022 (4 years) and now under ABC, it has gone up 9%, which equates to 2.2% per year, which I don’t think is unreasonable.

And we now get 10% discount on anything we buy in the marina including diesel, which when we bought some around Christmas time was thus still 74p/litre.

Now if you want a moan, pump out used to be £9.60 for moorers pre ABC (2018), then it was £14.50 and now just recently it has gone up to £18. That is really shit.

If you don’t mind, can I ask your electric Kw rate, has that gone up in the last year or any indication it will be rising soon?

Edited by PD1964

On 28/01/2022 at 12:11, cuthound said:

Have they still not improved the road through the quarry?

Luckily when I hired from there once I had a Citroen with hydraulic suspension, so by raising the ride height I was able to drive to the marina without grounding the car.

Last time I did it was in BMW 320i convertible with lowered suspension and low profile tyres. That would be back in around 2010 when we briefly moored there whilst moving our boat.

It made for an interesting ride but amazingly we didnt damage the under pinnings. Its a shame because it was a nice little marina but that access road was dire.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

If you don’t mind, can I ask your electric Kw rate, has that gone up in the last year or any indication it will be rising soon?

Sorry, I don’t know. We don’t use much because in general the boat is either unoccupied or we are out on it. Our monthly bill is not enough to pay attention to!