Pre sale boat survey

Kelly85

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Kelly85 said:

Hello, could anyone recommend a good surveyor local to Liverpool, who could do a pre sale survey Monday next week. 

ive contacted a chap called Paul Cooke based in Manchester. Any reviews ? 

It's not clear whether you are the buyer or the seller. 

If you are the seller then it is perfectly normal to find a buyer first, as buyers often like to arrange their own survey rather than rely on a survey commissioned by the seller, and carried out by a surveyor not of their choosing.

If you are the buyer, then choose your surveyor, find out when they are available, book a date and arrange the docking accordingly. Rarely easy or quick unless the boat is in a marina with docking facilities. 

Hi 

I’m actually the buying, thanks for responding but the boat I’m buying is out of the water, so logistics are much easier, 

I did have a survey booked but covid has complicated that plan, so I have a back up, but just wanted to see if anyone on here had heard the name and or also used someone sound Liverpool that was good, always worth checking. 

1 hour ago, Kelly85 said:

Hi 

I’m actually the buying, thanks for responding but the boat I’m buying is out of the water, so logistics are much easier, 

I did have a survey booked but covid has complicated that plan, so I have a back up, but just wanted to see if anyone on here had heard the name and or also used someone sound Liverpool that was good, always worth checking. 

A couple of YDSA affiliated surveyors based in Cheshire here:

https://ydsa.co.uk/find/surveyors/?newSearch=1&region=4&region2=4&SelectedIWG=1&mater=2&text=&SelectedLYG=0&showAll=true#searchBox

3 hours ago, Kelly85 said:

Hi 

So… it seems that you don’t actually need to find a surveyor, as you have already booked one - Paul Cooke?

It sounds like what you really want to know is whether Paul Cooke is any good?