Best 6v batteries

luggsy

Featured Posts

As title now that Trojans have gone up in price £156-99  against , ROLLS s290 series 4000 are £155-95 , us2200dt £136-95 are now in the same price range , you then have the cheaper T105 power line at £119.99 , my current T105 Trojans cost me £605 for 6 seven years ago all the above except the power line where out of my price , if you where to buy which would you go for to make a hybrid system with a 200amp lithium 

32 minutes ago, luggsy said:

As title now that Trojans have gone up in price £156-99  against , ROLLS s290 series 4000 are £155-95 , us2200dt £136-95 are now in the same price range , you then have the cheaper T105 power line at £119.99 , my current T105 Trojans cost me £605 for 6 seven years ago all the above except the power line where out of my price , if you where to buy which would you go for to make a hybrid system with a 200amp lithium 

If you are going to have a hybrid system with lithium batteries, I don’t think there is much point in having fancy lead acid batteries, just cheap and cheerful 12v leisure type. The lithiums will be doing all the work.

Then there is the charging issue, Trojan type batteries like a high charge voltage around 14.8v, which is too high for Lithium batteries. Even though they say these can be charged to 14.6v, this is rather harsh on them. Personally I charge to 14.3v (when I want to fully charge) which is plenty, and less than 1% of capacity is to be gained by going to 14.6v

Edited by nicknorman