Harris with travel pack power

Oddjob

Featured Posts

Barrus’s  after sales seem a bit wanting I removed the travel pack alternator to have new bearings installed as it’s run 3000 hrs and prevention is better than cure. If bearings fail a very expensive alternator gets wiped out. While it’s off I removed the tensioning pulley and the bearing was very dry and as it’s done 6000 hours time to replace it. Guess what Barrus who installed the travel pack when the engine was new don’t keep any spares not available they say. Anyway 4 countries marine who is doing bearing replacement will source a replacement and install but it’s not a straightforward job but I am sure he will come through. 
Disappointed in Barrus if you supply from your factory a complete engine as shown by the manual supplied you would think they would supply the parts required to service it as they shipped it. 4 countries marine a very good see his web site his work is top notch. He installed a upgraded alt for the domestic batteries and they operation since has been so much better. 

• Greenie 2