I'm not a big fan .....

Opener

Featured Posts

15+ year old boat / first owner fit out. I've got a combined light and extract fan in the bathroom - only I haven't 'cos the fan no longer rotates freely. The rotor+blades catches on the mounting/motor and I can't see a way of parting the two to remove the obstruction. So, I'm looking for a replacement fan/motor. Labelled MANROSE 12v Showerlite code BSL 112 (its a DC 12v 2.8w fan).

Looks like I may be able to get the complete assembly - fan+light+housing at great expense but the non-fan bits are fine. I'm told the fan is obsolete - shame 'cos it looks dead simple. Anybody got a spare bit/fan knocking around? Or any bright ideas?

Fan + legs.pdf Fan label.pdf

25 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

If you can access the spindle under the sticker (sometimes a plastic or rubber bung over it) and add a few drops of lubricating oil, then spin it by hand a bit, that should free it up. Always worked with old PC fans anyway.

Ooooooooooh!! assumed that was moulded plastic - yes, its rubber. Will investigate that further although the 'catch' feels like it is between the circumference of the blade mounting rather than the spindle.

26 minutes ago, Athy said:

The company still exists and has what appears to be an active web site. Have you contacted them?

Yeah! - first port of call. Very helpful to the extent of saying 'no way, Jose'. Hey-ho!

• Greenie 1