Lincolnshire Welder/Steelworker recommendation

QuaintJames

Featured Posts

Hi all,

We've been let down by a welder in Nottingham and we're looking to get some work done on the next stage of our journey. We'll be heading out towards Boston in February, so hoping to find someone to do the work along the way. Does anyone have recommendations for welders in the area?

The bits we're looking to get done are:

• Weed hatch extension
  • Creation of a bike rack to sit on the back of the boat

Any suggestions welcome! Alternatively, if there are no options in Lincolnshire, we're heading towards Sheffield afterwards, so anyone in that direction could also be a possibility.

Cheers
James

Google is quite a useful tool for such questions (but admittedly doesn't give recommendations)

1st one to pop-up is :

On Site Welding Services Ltd - Welder (business.site)

Has done welding on boats and is mobile

Matt had popped by and do quite a bit of welding for us now. Most recently he has replaced the top of my water tank on my boat which included fabricating a one price deck with a removable tank hatch and also repaired the cooling tank for the engine which is in an awkward and tricky position. He's punctual, polite and nothing seems to be too much for him to do, but most of all he's very skilled at what he does and makes it look easy. I thoroughly recommend Matt and I'll be using his services again.

Unless you are in a marina or have power available I'd suggest you confirm with him that he has his own power supply (the last thing you want is to 'have a @LadyG experience').

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Google is quite a useful tool for such questions (but admittedly doesn't give recommendations)

1st one to pop-up is :

On Site Welding Services Ltd - Welder (business.site)

Has done welding on boats and is mobile

Matt had popped by and do quite a bit of welding for us now. Most recently he has replaced the top of my water tank on my boat which included fabricating a one price deck with a removable tank hatch and also repaired the cooling tank for the engine which is in an awkward and tricky position. He's punctual, polite and nothing seems to be too much for him to do, but most of all he's very skilled at what he does and makes it look easy. I thoroughly recommend Matt and I'll be using his services again.

Unless you are in a marina or have power available I'd suggest you confirm with him that he has his own power supply (the last thing you want is to 'have a @LadyG experience').

Thanks - I did in fact do a search, but you must be using different search terms, because this one wasn't on them... Good link though - much appreciated! And I'll definitely confirm the power supply.

3 hours ago, noddyboater said:

If you're heading down the Trent call in at Stockwith and ask for Wilf.  He's always around and has done plenty of fabrication work including building his own barge.

He should be glad to tackle the work as long as his hip isn't playing up. Or his shoulder.. or back. 

Excellent - thank you. I'm hoping we can get the work done before we get that far up the Trent, but I'm learning that having several fallback plans is a good idea!

7 hours ago, QuaintJames said:

Excellent - thank you. I'm hoping we can get the work done before we get that far up the Trent, but I'm learning that having several fallback plans is a good idea!

Have a look at this guy just moved to Lincoln area.

https://www.instagram.com/dhcrouchmarine/

445291A3-6B08-4F5E-81A8-C06D8E15B517.jpeg.3f80a7b23b166e177f677e828922c9e2.jpeg

If your heading to Sheffield there’s no rush as you won’t be able to get there till after 18th March if Stoppage finishes on time, all closed that way till then.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1