Tiller sweep sticker

Featured Posts

I'm after one of those stickers that show the danger areas on the boat around the tiller and not to walk down the sides or on the roof. I can find one on Ebay which just shows the tiller area but its not quite what I want. Im sure they usually say British Marine on them but cant for the life of me find them anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, Ouse on Board? said:

I'm after one of those stickers that show the danger areas on the boat around the tiller and not to walk down the sides or on the roof. I can find one on Ebay which just shows the tiller area but its not quite what I want. Im sure they usually say British Marine on them but cant for the life of me find them anywhere. 

How do you actually manage to go boating if you can't walk down the gunwales or on the roof? I do both regularly when working locks, coming in to moor etc.

• Greenie 2

6 minutes ago, David Mack said:

How do you actually manage to go boating if you can't walk down the gunwales or on the roof? I do both regularly when working locks, coming in to moor etc.

I was wondering this. I used to enjoy doing exactly that. Nice also being sat on the roof near the bow while cruising along. Blissful.

• Greenie 1

I remember well the day Arthur Bray climbed off The Raymond for the last time.

"That's me finished" he muttered, to no-one specifically.

"I always said 'cum the day I can't stroll down the corner shop and pick up one of those stickers that show the danger areas on me boat around the tiller and not to walk down the sides or on the roof, I'll be off"

A man of his word was Arthur, even though butty boats don't have cabin side gunnels.

• Haha 2