NEW BOATING FAMILY 2022

harrison8075

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I was looking for his posts but cant remember his name

Dean or Dean S . I have often wondered what happened to him. The last we heard on here was that he took his wide beam up the Rochdale after he and other boaters were evicted from the marina near the top of the Rochdale 9 they had been in. 

19 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Oi you! The BCN challenge boat lengths are < 30', 30-50' and 50' +.

We won last time on a 45' boat.  Feed your kids red bull or cocaine as you see fit ...

We are 38' long but we do draw about 2'10" static.

Daughter says Red Bull as she doesn't want to be disqualified in a random drugs test.

Alec

49 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I was looking for his posts but cant remember his name

I cannot remember either - he spent some time in 'our' marina.

Didn't he end up changing his 'name' after "got there"

Extra water tank on the roof to cope with showers for all the family - dont worry about the CoG.

Re-cycling shower water back into the shower pump

He was full of wonderful cutting-edge ideas.

I thought the idea of two boats seemed better, but the kids are quite young, not sure if it would be legal to leave them alone like that. 

18 minutes ago, haggis said:

DeanS last visited in August 2019. I think his suggestion about having a big water tank on the roof for his wife's showers was one of his first posts . 

Water filtered from canal would be another option, more expense, and power, I assume. 

I can’t even be bothered to read all this, you have 2x kids aged 12/10 and  dream to retire and are going to buy a boat 75k?

You were on the Stratford Cansl in the 1990’s , how old are you?

Also please let us know how your going to finances your future for your family?

I sold Dean his first boat and from the start I knew he was not all there, all about his dream and dragging his family into it.  Please give us your financial breakdown for the next 10 year and your  prospect of work or are you another YouTube dreamer?  
 You say “I dream ...,.,,,” Please just do it instead of wasting time dreaming on here, like I’ve seen a lot of Yanks doing, remember the guy from Hawaii a few years ago?
Tell you the truth I’d much rather live in the USA then over here on a Narrowboat, as it’s becoming La La land  with dreamers. 

Edited by PD1964

I have always said that if I didn't live on a widebeam it would have to be a 72 footer trad, I would still go electric with the engine room given over to a genny and washing machine etc. That would mean the boatmans cabin could be yours or the kids? It could be made to work but everyone has to be pulling in the same direction 

14 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Everyone is replying as if the OP intends to have his whole family living aboard?  Does he say that though?

I read it as:  OP wants to buy a boat for leisure use with his family, then when kids are grown up, he'll retire and move aboard.

That's also how I read it, hence the nature of my reply.

Alec

To me, OP is in the USA and priority is to buy a boat, no mention of conventional housing, his £75k might buy a nice boat, but then he has to pay boat costs every year at estimated cost of £4 to 5K pa, plus three or four bed rental, ££15K to £20K pa.

Eye-watering. 

Edited by LadyG

13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

To me, OP is in the USA and priority is to buy a boat, no mention of conventional housing, his £75k might buy a nice boat, but then he has to pay boat costs every year at estimated cost of £4 to 5K pa, plus three or four bed rental, ££15K to £20K pa.

Eye-watering. 

Or he might be rich?

He asked a question some have given help others negative remarks, I don't know there circumstances so I have suggested something which might work. 

Let's wait until he returns to see what what his plans are?

12 hours ago, PD1964 said:

I can’t even be bothered to read all this, you have 2x kids aged 12/10 and  dream to retire and are going to buy a boat 75k?

You were on the Stratford Cansl in the 1990’s , how old are you?

Also please let us know how your going to finances your future for your family?

I sold Dean his first boat and from the start I knew he was not all there, all about his dream and dragging his family into it.  Please give us your financial breakdown for the next 10 year and your  prospect of work or are you another YouTube dreamer?  
 You say “I dream ...,.,,,” Please just do it instead of wasting time dreaming on here, like I’ve seen a lot of Yanks doing, remember the guy from Hawaii a few years ago?
Tell you the truth I’d much rather live in the USA then over here on a Narrowboat, as it’s becoming La La land  with dreamers. 

What a lovely message! 

To be honest if someone on an internet forum who I didn't know started interrogating me like this, asking for my age and a financial breakdown of how I was going to support my family, I'd probably tell them to f@ck off and mind their own business! ☺️

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, blackrose said:

What a lovely message! 

To be honest if someone on an internet forum who I didn't know started interrogating me like this, asking for my age and a financial breakdown of how I was going to support my family, I'd probably tell them to f@ck off and mind their own business! ☺️

Why waste people’s time if his dream is to do it in 10 years time and not sometime very soon? The canal way of life and system will/could be completely different by the time he gets a boat. With regards to finance it’s not free or cheap to be on the Canals anymore, has he got long term financial support to maintain everything? Yes he could be just buying a boat to holiday so will be based in a Marina I imagine. 

6 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Why waste people’s time if his dream

He's not wasting anybody's time. You don't have to read this forum. If you think the OP's questions aren't worth your time you are perfectly free not to waste any of that time responding. Others here take a different view and are happy spending their time giving the OP the benefit of their thoughts.

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, David Mack said:

He's not wasting anybody's time. You don't have to read this forum. If you think the OP's questions aren't worth your time you are perfectly free not to waste any of that time responding. Others here take a different view and are happy spending their time giving the OP the benefit of their thoughts.

He says “New Boating Family 2022” indicating this year when his kids are 10/12. Then says the kids would of flown the coop when he retires to a Narrowboat, a bit of confusion here?

I’ve got better things to waste my time on then asking the obvious questions about schooling, CCing, financing, space/bedrooms, location etc. I’m off to watch YouTube to see how it’s done in real life👍

Edited by PD1964