History

Chris J Williams

Featured Posts

@Tonka, unless he has just added it, the boat name is in the OPs profile details. Welcome @Chris J Williams

Having said that I suspect that name is not the original Black Prince name as they have a policy of using female forenames (I'm assuming that when you say ex-Black Prince you mean it was a boat formerly in their hire fleet). The boat listing on the CanalPlanAC website is generally a good source for this type of query but it requires the boat name as it was in 2013. In this case though even if you can find it in the listings it's not likely to tell you much more than it's a 2001 boat built by Black Prince.

However to the best of my knowledge Black Prince don't build shells, they fit boats out on site at Stoke Prior using shells that I think are built by Pinders. Stoke Prior is their HQ so it may be that all BP boats are fitted out there. That doesn't necessarily mean that's what happened 20 years ago though.

To find out it's hire history talking to Black Prince may be your best bet.

Black Prince have a standard shell design which is used by at least hull 5 builders that I know of. 

Some are renamed when leaving the fleet, some arent.

There are pros and cons, interior is easy to clean and spares for the standard layout available from BP. 

2 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

@Tonka, unless he has just added it, the boat name is in the OPs profile details. Welcome @Chris J Williams

Having said that I suspect that name is not the original Black Prince name as they have a policy of using female forenames (I'm assuming that when you say ex-Black Prince you mean it was a boat formerly in their hire fleet). The boat listing on the CanalPlanAC website is generally a good source for this type of query but it requires the boat name as it was in 2013. In this case though even if you can find it in the listings it's not likely to tell you much more than it's a 2001 boat built by Black Prince.

However to the best of my knowledge Black Prince don't build shells, they fit boats out on site at Stoke Prior using shells that I think are built by Pinders. Stoke Prior is their HQ so it may be that all BP boats are fitted out there. That doesn't necessarily mean that's what happened 20 years ago though.

To find out it's hire history talking to Black Prince may be your best bet.

Yo do not see his profile on a mobile device