Victron Phoenix Multi Plus Combi Instructions?

Tracy D'arth

Featured Posts

Has anyone got an instruction leaflet for this combi please? Its a 12/3000/120  + 30A relay.

Or tell me where I can get one? I have looked on the Victron site but can't find this model.

Edited by Tracy D'arth

First point of call for me would be, assuming there is one, the small fuse/fuse holder feeding the electronics from the 12v, obviously this woukd be after checking the main fuse again if there is one. The fuses are present on later models.

Edited by Loddon

4 minutes ago, Loddon said:

First point of call for me would be, assuming there is one, the small fuse/fuse holder feeding the electronics from the 12v, obviously this woukd be after checking the main fuse again if there is one. The fuses are present on later models.

Checked that fuse first, its fine.  I have looked all over all the boards and the Mosfet racks, nothing obvious, no burn ups or overheat signs.

7 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Found the remains of an insect on the back of the main processor pcb, may have shorted across some components as it fried. Nothing else obvious, still dead.

I give up, where is the best place to get it fixed?

Notwithstanding what I said about them last week on another topic you could try Selweb in Tamworth.

• Happy 1

43 minutes ago, Slim said:

Notwithstanding what I said about them last week on another topic you could try Selweb in Tamworth.

Given that they have a picture of the Victron 12/3000/120 on their leisure inverter repair page, you would hope they have an intimate knowledge of them :)

Even though they dont list Victron as one of their supported manufacturers.

2 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Given that they have a picture of the Victron 12/3000/120 on their leisure inverter repair page, you would hope they have an intimate knowledge of them :)

Even though they dont list Victron as one of their supported manufacturers.

That is what I thought too.  There is no technical information from Victron, I problem I have come up against before. I would never buy from Victron because of this policy.

9 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

That is what I thought too.  There is no technical information from Victron, I problem I have come up against before. I would never buy from Victron because of this policy.

To be fair surely it is the same with Mastervolt and Sterling?

23 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Found the remains of an insect on the back of the main processor pcb, may have shorted across some components as it fried. Nothing else obvious, still dead.

I give up, where is the best place to get it fixed?

Only an insect? You were lucky, you should see what mess a slug on the back of a dishwasher PCB can do... 😞

1 hour ago, IanD said:

Only an insect? You were lucky, you should see what mess a slug on the back of a dishwasher PCB can do... 😞

The worst I had was a gecko in a swimming pool control panel. It took out the relay, cut-out and the most of tracks on the pcb.  Not in the UK of course, Montaleigne, S. France.

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

The worst I had was a gecko in a swimming pool control panel. It took out the relay, cut-out and the most of tracks on the pcb.  Not in the UK of course, Montaleigne, S. France.

We had a cat in the local substation (11kV? 33kV?), which proved that our UPSs worked but also not for long enough... 😞

Leastways we think it was a cat, it's not easy to identify a pile of charcoal...

14 minutes ago, IanD said:

We had a cat in the local substation (11kV? 33kV?), which proved that our UPSs worked but also not for long enough... 😞

Leastways we think it was a cat, it's not easy to identify a pile of charcoal...

Ah, Schrödinger's cat then.