Oops! You don't have permission to chat.

MtB

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

It would be good to know who was in the chat room, i talk to myself enough, without doing it online as well!

Yes. Rich said this could be added if the chat room got used but I see it the other way around. It got used last time because it was fully functional. Seeing who is stalking in the chat is a major component and I don't like posting in it without a list to see of who is logged in and reading. And nor does anyone else I suspect.

14 minutes ago, MtB said:

Yes. Rich said this could be added if the chat room got used but I see it the other way around. It got used last time because it was fully functional. Seeing who is stalking in the chat is a major component and I don't like posting in it without a list to see of who is logged in and reading. And nor does anyone else I suspect.

Exactly. 
It’s a bit of a Catch 22

I used to enjoy the chat room, I think it also provided a safely valve where things were discussed, sometimes in a robust manner, but it kept the squabbles off the main forum.

1 minute ago, Dyertribe said:

Exactly. 
It’s a bit of a Catch 22

I used to enjoy the chat room, I think it also provided a safely valve where things were discussed, sometimes in a robust manner, but it kept the squabbles off the main forum.

"Xactly. Knowing who was or was not in the room made a big difference to what one felt one could say.

Just now, MtB said:

"Xactly. Knowing who was or was not in the room made a big difference to what one felt one could say.

Same as in the pub, really. 

When Boring Bob drops in we all remember we need to get home soon! And when Bitchy Brenda pitched up we changed the subject to something less juicy!

1 minute ago, Dyertribe said:

Just need to gather momentum. 
it was good to know who was in there, if it was your mates you would join in.

Yes I could see who was conversing once in but I couldn't  see before that, I also presume there was no notification I had joined or left? There used to be.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Yes I could see who was conversing once in but I couldn't  see before that, I also presume there was no notification I had joined or left? There used to be.

Yes, it needs that, it makes it like a pub or a party, you can see who walks in and greet them and know who’s got their coat and can say goodbye. 

• 3 weeks later...

Following recent feedback, we have updated the chat software to include additional functionality, including:

• List of online/active users
  • Online status indicator
  • 1-2-1 member chat (Coming soon)

When the chat is active, you will see a status indicator at the top-right of the page. It will indicate the current number of users active in the chat room.

chat.png.66ce5ebc210d846ff9ff71b8872e0ab5.png

We are ironing out a few minor niggles and on completion we will post an announcement but feel free to make use of it in the meantime.

Cheers

Rich

• Greenie 3

10 minutes ago, RichM said:

Following recent feedback, we have updated the chat software to include additional functionality, including:

- List of online/active users
- Online status indicator

- 1-2-1 member chat (Coming soon)

We are ironing out a few minor niggles and on completion we will post an announcement but feel free to make use of it in the meantime.

Cheers

Rich

Thanks