Metro dreamland

Mike Jordan

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Yes, that's what I meant by "Trains out of Baker Street". There is a series of three marvellous books about Metro-Land, I picked them all up at a remaindered books shop in Uckfield some years ago and I quite often go back to them.

6 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/05/couple-move-aboard-a-narrowboat-and-save-hundreds-each-month-15867184/

This one i think, saw it this morning, at least it’s a different location this time

They have done well to save up for the boat at such a young age.

I do hope that when the journalist said that the boat "sleeps four people all together" they actually meant "altogether"

22 minutes ago, Athy said:

I do hope that when the journalist said that the boat "sleeps four people all together" they actually meant "altogether"

Spoilsport!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Or "in the altogether"... 😉

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

On 06/01/2022 at 11:38, Hudds Lad said:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/05/couple-move-aboard-a-narrowboat-and-save-hundreds-each-month-15867184/

This one i think, saw it this morning, at least it’s a different location this time

I have to admit living o a narrow boat on Lough Erne is definitely unusual! Will come with problems of its own but mile after mile of triple moored boats won't be one of them. 

Not journalists are they?

The only good news is that the circulation of magazines and rags like this seems to be shrinking fast.

I have no problem with boaters, but the ones featured are sawing off the branch they are sitting on every time they brag about saving money. 

1 minute ago, Mike Jordan said:

The only good news is that the circulation of magazines and rags like this seems to be shrinking fast.

I have no problem with boaters, but the ones featured are sawing off the branch they are sitting on every time they brag about saving money. 

If Jordan the NHS man says he's saving money compared with living on the bank, why should we not believe him?

I can think of far wore places to live than the Ashby Canal, good luck to him.

4 hours ago, Mike Jordan said:

I doubt the Metro's circulation is shrinking, as it gets distributed on the rail network. When I take the train, I try to pick up a copy. (Admittedly, for the sudoku and crosswords :) )