GUCC Co Ltd Masthead lamp

fittie

Featured Posts

• 4 weeks later...

This is Lancing's 'new' backup head lamp, an old GU Masthead oil lamp. Restored by Davey and Co about 35 years ago. The lamp came from David Blagrove over 40 years ago. The lamp still has its fleet number on the back and actually came from the butty Bawtry.IMG_2778.jpg.fec431a9b5e0489f70bf79f202303455.jpg

Edited by fittie
  • Greenie 1

If it is a boat at anchor the light should be an all round white light.

Two red lights for "Vessel not under command."

COLREGS 

Rule 27

Vessels not under command or restricted in their ability to manoeuvre (a) A vessel not under command shall exhibit: (i) two all-round red lights in a vertical line where they can best be seen; (ii) two balls or similar shapes in a vertical line where they can best be seen; (iii) when making way through the water, in addition to the lights prescribed in this paragraph, sidelights and a stern light. (b) A vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre, except a vessel engaged in mine-clearance operations, shall exhibit: (i) three all-round lights in a vertical line where they can best be seen. The highest and lowest of these lights shall be red and the middle light shall be white; (ii) three shapes in a vertical line where they can best be seen. The highest and lowest of these shapes shall be balls and the middle one a diamond; (iii) when making way through the water, a masthead light or lights, sidelights and a sternlight, in addition to the lights prescribed in sub-paragraph (i); (iv) when at anchor, in addition to the lights or shapes prescribed in sub-paragraphs (i) and (ii), the light, lights or shape prescribed in Rule 30. (c) 

Edited by Ray T