Pushed in

Philip

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

If the canals had more CCTV in built up areas this would go some way to discourage this...

But then CWDF members would probably complain about CRT wasting money on cameras, just like they complain about the additional CRT signage. Assuming it was CRT paying for the installation of cameras on towpaths rather than the council? I've no idea who's responsibility this would be.

52 minutes ago, blackrose said:

But then CWDF members would probably complain about CRT wasting money on cameras, just like they complain about the additional CRT signage. Assuming it was CRT paying for the installation of cameras on towpaths rather than the council? I've no idea who's responsibility this would be.

The council I would think...they already have the networks to put the cameras on and be monitored. Personally I dont think cameras are a deterrent these days especially with masks etc. Ive seen plenty of CCTV from peoples houses showing cars being stolen from their drives!

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

Done Leicester twice in last years. Still leave early and get through from Kilby bridge and through to Mountsorrel, or visa versa.

No problems in middle of day. It’s a good run though, coming through this year we looked at Kings and concluded it was safe at the end of a day preferably towards dark and in the rain.

I am paranoid about Leicester for good reason, I was involved in the criminal justice system there for many years. I know what went on. Same as Drugby, another place that appears ok.

Middle of summer, we were shot at and window smashed, fired from fields just below Mountsorrel . . .

6 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Middle of summer, we were shot at and window smashed, fired from fields just below Mountsorrel . . .

That will be when the Alternative caravan club use that land for the horse fair.......if it makes you feel better lots of trouble in the surrounding area as well....and plod were running scared as usual......best not get the locals started on it.... I know thats not a lot of consolation.

16 minutes ago, frangar said:

That will be when the Alternative caravan club use that land for the horse fair.......if it makes you feel better lots of trouble in the surrounding area as well....and plod were running scared as usual......best not get the locals started on it.... I know thats not a lot of consolation.

I thought that took place in the field just below Barrow, not Mountsorrel? Or was that another gathering?

Just now, Proper Charlie said:

I thought that took place in the field just below Barrow, not Mountsorrel? Or was that another gathering?

I think they moved around a bit this summer....I know they have a field at Mountsorrel with some bow tops in it....there was a few council injunctions flying about at one point according to the local press...but it seems a few boaters had issues as above. 

There were Caravans and some trouble as far south as Lutterworth....as I recall there was some big meeting of the clans or similar....