Font Scaling Increase

RichM

Do you prefer the slightly larger font?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the slightly larger font?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have not noticed
    • Indifferent
    • N/A - I use the legacy theme
    • Abstain

Featured Posts

Hi,

I have made a small change to increase the default font scaling across the site. Essentially this will mean the text will appear slightly larger. The idea being to improve readability.

This change will not appear on the legacy theme, only the default one. Feedback welcome.

Cheers

Rich

4 minutes ago, RichM said:

Hi,

I have made a small change to increase the default font scaling across the site. Essentially this will mean the text will appear slightly larger. The idea being to improve readability.

This change will not appear on the legacy theme, only the default one. Feedback welcome.

Cheers

Rich

Thank god for that, I thought I was going mad.

Oh and yeah no issues and it will probably be OK once I get used to it ;)

• Greenie 1

Odd, but I can see a larger font in this thread but not others. Maybe my eyes are going squiffy, I have just driven to Huddersfield

For my ha'penneth, I prefer a small font; apart from getting more content for the same real-estate on the screen, it will be self-levelling for forum - the older and more cantankerous we get, the harder it will be to get involved (c:

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

For my ha'penneth, I prefer a small font; apart from getting more content for the same real-estate on the screen

Same here. Prefer the smaller font but not because of the actual font size.

For me on a 12" laptop, the bigger font has also scaled up all the white background areas too, wasting even more of my precious and limited 'screen estate'. Can we go back to the normal font size please? 

As we get older, our eyesight deteriorates.  Some websites are almost unreadable, due to font size and background colour choice, and a lack of contrast.

Making the site accessible to those whose vision is not as good can only be a good thing.  Peeps with good eyesight will be able to see alright either way.

Speaking of someone developing macular in one eye, I would never have had a problem previously, but now appreciate good web design.

• Greenie 2

49 minutes ago, Peanut said:

As we get older, our eyesight deteriorates.  Some websites are almost unreadable, due to font size and background colour choice, and a lack of contrast.

And for those people there is Control + or Command + on Apples to make the font bigger.