Paloma ph-5-3f starts hot, then goes cold, plus other signs of malfunction

starsongjz

Featured Posts

So I'm troubleshooting a heating problem. But a short story is in order to understand what I'm working with. The Paloma is old. It hadn't been used in a while and seemed to spark up fine. But little to no heat was produced. Or the taps would get hot at first and then go cold. The shower never got hot. The pilot light went from just being small for a day or two to going out seconds after being lit. There is a consistent drip from the heat setting knob. Its pretty rusty inside and corroded in some places. I blew out all the dust with a blow drier, which didn't change anything. There is no pilot light cleaner button. And if someone can direct me to some info on cleaning gauze filter I'd appreciate it. Can't find anything for this model. Also looks like the thermacouple was replaced not that long ago. Any help on how to move forward appreciated.