Richard Turner-Thomas & the restoration of the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct 2003-4

Andrew Denny

Featured Posts

I'm researching the restoration of the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct 2003-4. I've got the book published by Richard Turner-Thomas (the site manager) in 2005, and I'm trying to find out more about him and the project. 

The book was promoted on Google Groups in 2004 by Molly Mockford who helped him by setting up a website to sell it. 

https://groups.google.com/g/uk.rec.waterways/c/e8oI7PUc9bs/m/_bW2nOD0jTIJ

Molly was a regular on uk.rec.waterways in those days. Is she still around? 

(I bought it from the website she set up, and in arrived in 2005 with a nice covering letter from him). Another person on uk.rec.waterways who knew him is Mike Hughes (nb Tess of Wootton

I think Richard died c.2015, because his CV on Linked In runs up to 2013, then on a local paper website there's a short obit for someone of that name in 2015, but no further info. I wrote to his old address in Cwmbran a couple of weeks back and a lady now living there kindly replied to say she moved in in 2016, but hadn't heard of him. 

Anyway, any info appreciated on Richard, and Molly Mockford/Mike Hughes who might tell me more. 

Many thanks, Andrew 

1485007055_Pontcysyllterestorationcover(1).jpg.608c13118df09a2235ae410007788b49.jpg

Mike no longer has Tess, he and his partner have moved into a house in a nearby village, they were on the mooring nr the bridge when I first moved onto the boat, they were a great help in my first yr aboard.

I actually have an original nut and bolt removed during the restoration  and a copy of the book.

• Greenie 1