What kind of stove is this please?!

Andy Br

Featured Posts

Dunno but it looks cheap and horrid. No adjuster in the bottom of the door that I can see for the air flow, so must be difficult to control. 

I'd also be very concerned about the flue. It appears to be built out of single skin gas boiler flue components. Bad mistake, it won't last long on a sold fuel stove. 

1 minute ago, MtB said:

Dunno but it looks cheap and horrid. No adjuster in the bottom of the door that I can see for the air flow, so must be difficult to control. 

I'd also be very concerned about the flue. It appears to be built out of single skin gas boiler flue components. Bad mistake, it won't last long on a sold fuel stove. 

Thanks, there are two damper controls on the bulkhead side, out of view. Had it going a few times while I have been working and it burns lovely. I will probably change the flue for double skin for safety.

10 minutes ago, Andy Br said:

Thanks, there are two damper controls on the bulkhead side, out of view. Had it going a few times while I have been working and it burns lovely. I will probably change the flue for double skin for safety.

Oh right, in that case it may be a very old stove. ISTR such arrangements on stoves I've had back in the 80s. 

Yes getting a thick-walled flue would be a Good Idea.

2 minutes ago, philjw said:

Does anybody know what make/model of stove this is please? I can't find any makers plate or writing on it anywhere. Thanks! 

Looks like one of these:

https://www.woodwarmstoves.co.uk/stoves/foxfire-4kw/

may be nasty but not cheap from this site

That's the one, many thanks Philjw, Mystery solved! 

3 minutes ago, philjw said:

Does anybody know what make/model of stove this is please? I can't find any makers plate or writing on it anywhere. Thanks! 

Looks like one of these:

https://www.woodwarmstoves.co.uk/stoves/foxfire-4kw/

may be nasty but not cheap from this site

good spot, that looks like it!

I'm struggling with this, from the link:

• Perfect for Wood burning only.
  • Multifuel stove.

51 minutes ago, Andy Br said:

55 minutes ago, MtB said:

That's not cheap, but if available, probably one of the few stoves with stock to buy.

If the flue isnt leaking, dont change it, and dont use a double skin flue, loads of heat is wasted and Greta will blame you for the next glacier melting.

• Greenie 2

18 hours ago, Andy Br said:

I will probably change the flue for double skin for safety.

Rather than a double skinned flue I would go for one fabricated from thicker walled steel pipe. A local welding firm should be able to source the pipe and put a couple of welded bends in for you.