Eco friendly cleaning and personal hygiene products

Mike1951

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Could just get a dog to give you a good lick in the morning.

That reminds me of a story I was told ...................................

John visited his 90-year-old grandpa who lived way out in the country. On the first morning of the visit, John’s grandpa prepared a breakfast of bacon and eggs. John noticed a film-like substance on his plate, and asked, “Are these plates clean?”

His grandpa replied, “They’re as clean as cold water can get them. Just go ahead and finish your meal.”

For lunch, Grandpa made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates, as his appeared to have specks of dried egg on it. “Are you sure these plates are clean?” he asked.

Without looking up, Grandpa said, “I told you before, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them!” 

Later, as John was leaving, his grandpa’s dog started to growl and wouldn’t let him pass.

John said, “Grandpa, your dog won’t let me get by!”

Grandpa yelled to the dog, “Cold Water, go lie down!”

22 minutes ago, Mike1951 said:

i have a cat to do that. Good exfoliation as well.

Is your cat trained to use the toilet like one belonging to some friends? No I didn't believe it either until I saw the video... 😉

(his wife is Japanese, and apparently training cats to do this is quite common there)

Mind you that didn't help when they were out overnight thinking the cat was too, and the bathroom door was closed so the cat did its thing on the carpet in the living room. Bad enough, except at 2am their Roomba went round the entire flat just as programmed, with unfortunate -- but hilarious to others -- consequences. Did I mention they have white carpets?

Not the usual apocryphal internet story, I know them (and the cat) and saw the photos. Cleaning all the carpets was bad enough even with non-eco cleaning products, cleaning the Roomba was worse... 😞

Edited by IanD

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2021 at 09:54, IanD said:

Is your cat trained to use the toilet like one belonging to some friends? No I didn't believe it either until I saw the video... 😉

(his wife is Japanese, and apparently training cats to do this is quite common there)

When I was a child, we lived in an upstairs Victorian flat, with a garden that we used to let the cats and dog out into during the day. It did have its own indoors upstairs WC, which our older cat used to use without our having thought of training it, carefully balancing itself on the seat. The younger one used to use the coke bucket, sometimes resulting resulting in steaming when the fire was stoked up!  

8 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Cats love to watch their people on the loo. Most off putting it is. Given this, it is surprising that more don't learn to use it themselves. We had a cat who did. He had a very good aim, better than most human men. He never learnt to use the flush. Similar to some hu...

The longer the weapon, the better the aim.