Most Locks in a Week

Wishihadaname

Featured Posts

Most I've ever single handed in one day was 41.  Tardebigge top lock to the Eagle and Sun.  But it's not actually that hard a day.  The locks are quick and fairly easy to work and there's only a few miles start to finish. 

Much harder was Hurleston top lock to the Anchor at High Offley.  Only 30 locks but 25 miles or so too.  Set off at dawn and moored up in the dark too tired to even walk to the pub.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

Most I've ever single handed in one day was 41.  Tardebigge top lock to the Eagle and Sun.  But it's not actually that hard a day.  The locks are quick and fairly easy to work and there's only a few miles start to finish. 

Much harder was Hurleston top lock to the Anchor at High Offley.  Only 30 locks but 25 miles or so too.  Set off at dawn and moored up in the dark too tired to even walk to the pub.

I'd have crawled if I was too tired to walk...

Still struggeling with my week off from 12th to 19th March. So many stoppages, all the rings are out. Thought about hiring at Gayton and going to Oxford and back. But that warns  of strong currents? If not hire at Alvechurch and do as much of the BCN as possible in a week. 

Edited by Wishihadaname