Damian, is he a duck or a goose?

Tracy D'arth

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

You have to be careful not to be  judgemental though, I often appear to be single handing, sometimes its not safe for swmbo to be up on the lockside, she has narcolepsy with cataplexy. She feels guilty though, because if what people might think. I say it's nowt to do with them, ignore the judgemental t***s. 

But would you expect everything to be done for you with no attempt to move from the tiller?

Just now, frangar said:

But would you expect everything to be done for you with no attempt to move from the tiller?

I'd be standing there a good while, no queues for locks up here. 

• Happy 1

7 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

I'd be standing there a good while, no queues for locks up here. 

Its always a shock when coming back to the midlands after boating in the north I must say.....still its better than the south where apparently now its frowned to talk to the crew on the boat you are sharing with!

24 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

You have to be careful not to be  judgemental though, I often appear to be single handing, sometimes its not safe for swmbo to be up on the lockside, she has narcolepsy with cataplexy. She feels guilty though, because if what people might think. I say it's nowt to do with them, ignore the judgemental t***s. 

There's other reasons too.  We shared several locks earlier this year with a chap and his 19 year old daughter. In conversation there had  been vague mentions of a son/brother but we assumed he wasn't there as we saw no sign of him. Then up popped the 14 year old, who had apparently been far too engrossed in his games console to take any interest in locks!

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Jim Riley said:

I have had people call out of the cabin to tell me that, I think most of them feel bad about it.