Daydream Believer (Long Post)

Mike1951

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Slow and Steady said:

£3k for that? Wow. I wonder how much the contractor got...:rolleyes:

An interesting figure. 

I have just sold my Norman 20, with a two year old engine, two year old canopy, cooker, tv, diesel heater,current BSS, equipped with lines, mooring pins and windlasses,ready for immediate use, for    £3000! 

Damn and blast! I am kicking myself as I could have swapped it for some cushions!😃

• Haha 2

The cushions were a bargain compared with the "owners manual" for £500! This is just a series of photographs showing where everything is - useful but not £500 useful. We didnt get the itemised bill until the boat was nearly ready. We were just given a price for the whole boat. Otherwise we might have deleted more things. We did delete what was an ordinary basic car stereo for £1000 and my wife made the curtains herself. To be fair the rest of the prices look reasonable.

• Happy 1

On 17/04/2022 at 09:00, Mike1951 said:

The cushions were a bargain compared with the "owners manual" for £500! This is just a series of photographs showing where everything is - useful but not £500 useful.

Under the RCD they are supposed to provide you with a manual with this stuff in. So it shouldn't be a chargeable (optional) extra.

5 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Under the RCD they are supposed to provide you with a manual with this stuff in. So it shouldn't be a chargeable (optional) extra.

On the other hand, I'm not sure anything says that the (mandatory) RCR documentation has to be produced free of charge. 

9 minutes ago, MtB said:

On the other hand, I'm not sure anything says that the (mandatory) RCR documentation has to be produced free of charge. 

I am no tax expert but I dont think they should be charging VAT on it?