Sliding Hatch!

Maffi

Featured Posts

On 01/12/2021 at 09:47, Ex Brummie said:

Aluminium or wood can be just as hard if you insist on bashing it with your head. The only time I've ever done it is when wearing a peaked cap that obscures my view.

No! Ally or wood 'gives'. 6mm steel is not only heavy but has no intention of forgiving!

On 04/12/2021 at 10:12, koukouvagia said:

I'm sure Blackrose's method is the correct one, but I had perfectly acceptable results on my aluminium-covered slides by using Halfords' Etch Primer - well, it's lasted a couple of years so far.  It comes in a 500 ml spray can.

A good etch primer will do the same thing as the method I described.

Until you get the hatch sorted, buy a colourful shoelace. Fold in half and pass the centre loop up through the D handle. Pass the free ends up through the loop and pull tight. As you exit the boat through a part open hatch you will now be tickled in the face by a shoelace which is less painful that being smacked in the head by a steel hatch.

• Greenie 1

37 minutes ago, Opener said:

Until you get the hatch sorted, buy a colourful shoelace. Fold in half and pass the centre loop up through the D handle. Pass the free ends up through the loop and pull tight. As you exit the boat through a part open hatch you will now be tickled in the face by a shoelace which is less painful that being smacked in the head by a steel hatch.

Slight digression, this is rather good at smacking your head on. I knew it was there but still managed to hit my head on it when exiting the cabin.

The gear wheel of NB GORT.

IMGP4512.JPG

Edited by Ray T

9 hours ago, Ray T said:

Slight digression, this is rather good at smacking your head on. I knew it was there but still managed to hit my head on it when exiting the cabin.

The gear wheel of NB GORT.

IMGP4512.JPG

Where's the gear wheel then? I'm not sure I can see it...

:giggles: