Where is this

Dav and Pen

Featured Posts

These photos are from a French waterway site. They mention Clipstone mine in Notts but that is someway from any canal or the Trent. I am totally out of touch with the restoration scene but it looks like some preservation work is going on. Thanks

37BBAA25-021B-46F0-9983-B4B4093E3067.jpeg

77670279-9143-4C71-833A-F672ACF3DBC3.jpeg

CC6FECD9-3BC4-421B-9D1D-B02BFBE69FDE.jpeg

I don't recognise them, despite having walked it, but could be on the Chesterfield? The flight the other side of the tunnel that is the current limit of the connected Chesterfield Canal? Look like narrow locks, but hard to tell. A long way, 15 miles or so from Clipstone though. Alternatively, could be part of the unrestored Cromford. Closer to Clipstone, but still around 10 miles away.

Jen

I would say from first impressions that all three pictures are from different canals, the most obvious point being the middle picture is a narrow canal and the other two broad.  

The third picture has an air of Thames and Severn about it but I can't quite place where it might be.

28 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I actually had Eysey Lock in my head, should have stuck with it!

There are 32 photos posted with these and they are all titled as being in Angleterre. It doesn’t really matter but I would have liked to have been able to post a response. I did think that they were mixed up as some are narrow and others wide. Thanks for your comments.

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

That’s clever I didn’t know about that possibility. It certainly looks like the old Erie Canal.

55 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Link please.  We like looking at random canal photos!

Will try but I haven’t had much luck before.

1 hour ago, Dav and Pen said:

There are 32 photos posted with these and they are all titled as being in Angleterre. It doesn’t really matter but I would have liked to have been able to post a response. I did think that they were mixed up as some are narrow and others wide. Thanks for your comments.

What's the name of the website we'll find it from that?

18 minutes ago, Dav and Pen said:

Can’t sort out a link think it’s a problem with the iPad not having a clipboard. Some more photos

4C11ACCA-4197-43AC-BECC-C8969CBC22E4.jpeg

Gough's Orchard Lock, Thames & Severn Canal

ACDCE52F-C99A-48D7-B751-2DE3E7F3ACA0.jpeg

Daneway Portal, Sapperton Tunnel, Thames & Severn Canal

40863D25-0B7B-4927-8D76-3F77B121D3A3.jpeg

Inglesham Lock and Junction with River Thames, Thames & Severn Canal

Real mixture then. I knew I had seen the one of the Tunnel entrance but memory is shot. Went there with the late Graham Palmer of WRG about 45 years ago and we looked at the Thames and Severn as WRG had been offered a hull which was laying on the bank somewhere around Stroud. Afraid the boat was beyond economic repair.