Buying a boat to CC in London: questions

EllaGlssp

Featured Posts

The advice you have received on here is I think very sound and I have little to add.

My daughter is a similar age to you,has a reasonable job,and a nice apartment,but most of her salary goes on rent,maintainance cost,council tax and utilities.

All things being equal she will never own her own house.

Even with me and her mother chipping in to help with a deposit to get a mortgage in order to get her on the housing ladder,property is too expensive even here in the North.

I have suggested a boat,but my lovely daughter ran off squeaking.My fault,I've brought her up too soft.

I think if you have enjoyed camping or caravaning,then living on a boat will be an easy transition,however if you are used to all mod cons,then it may be a bit of a shock.

If I was young and starting out,with house prices and rents as they are,I would live on a boat and to keep costs down would CC.

Best of luck.   😃

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Mad Harold said:

The advice you have received on here is I think very sound and I have little to add.

My daughter is a similar age to you,has a reasonable job,and a nice apartment,but most of her salary goes on rent,maintainance cost,council tax and utilities.

All things being equal she will never own her own house.

Even with me and her mother chipping in to help with a deposit to get a mortgage in order to get her on the housing ladder,property is too expensive even here in the North.

I have suggested a boat,but my lovely daughter ran off squeaking.My fault,I've brought her up too soft.

I think if you have enjoyed camping or caravaning,then living on a boat will be an easy transition,however if you are used to all mod cons,then it may be a bit of a shock.

If I was young and starting out,with house prices and rents as they are,I would live on a boat and to keep costs down would CC.

Best of luck.   😃

Indeed -- but really CC by following CART rules, not just pretending to and hoping not to get caught, or claiming you can't move for a year because of "engine problems"...

Edited by IanD

20 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

It's 10pm, dark, wet, and a bit snowy, and my gas bottle is telling me that it's as good as empty. The spare is on the mooring, rather than in the locker, so I cant just nip out in the dark, and move the regulator :(

It needs changing NOW but, given that it's a bit dangerous to be lugging a gas bottle onto the boat and into the locker, (something I should have done in daylight a week ago!!), I'm going to wait until tomorrow and do it in daylight. If I need hot water for a coffee or something, I should be able to boil it on the Boatman, (stove).

But wisely Richard you have said stove