Boat mover urgently required asap

Claire Ohara

Featured Posts

15 hours ago, matty40s said:

I think that's the boat Paul is moving this week!!

Nope. The boat Im moving is the reason why I couldnt move Claires boat. To her credit she had tried to find a mover before she posted here. Really hope it all goes well for her🙂

Cracking day on the Oxford- I can feel my toes and Im too hot in my romper suit 😀

• Greenie 2

As a heating contractor, I needed to take out insurance to cover my work and any damage I may have incurred in doing so. Effectively this was 3rd Party insurance as any damage or injury I incurred personally was not covered. In the event of a claim, I suspect my customer would have placed this in the hands of their insurers who would claim off me and I would pass this on to my insurer. There would doubtless have been conversations between the respective insurers to make sure that if any loss could be offset, then it would be. Presumably Paul's insurers would cover his activities but not any personal disbursement unless there was a separate clause such as personal injury.

Insurance underwriters are not the most honourable of organisations. I once had water damage at home from next door's property and notified  my insurance  for repairs. My insurers initiated the repairs, and I pursued with them, as I had paid the excess, for a refund and confirmation of No Claims Bonus. I was told that the other party, a Housing Association, was not responsible, as it was an unforseen occurrence. I finally got to the bottom of it when I discovered that my underwriters were the same as the Housing Association, so if they could save recompensing me, it would save them money. As my insurance was through a bank, I claimed off them and eventually got my excess refunded, with interest and also my NoClaims Bonus reinstated.

Edited by Ex Brummie
  • Greenie 1

6 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

That, of course, is why too many claims are rejected because the insured (boater in this case) did not have the will to read all the small print - like me - only to find an exclusion when it is too late to do anything about it.

I'm sure if I were actually planning to employ a boat mover I'd find the thread well worth reading and filled with good information. But guess what....