Grey NB at Barrowford Top Locks is loose.

LadyG

Featured Posts

As title, Grey Boat on what I presume are paid moorings has broken a rope and hit my boat. 

I t seems to be stable. 

Hopefully someone will do something about it at daylight. 

If you know whose it is, please tell him. 

Bump Bump Bump

It has no number on this side, is it the same one Mt?

Note to owner, buy new ropes for your boat and a large tin of paint for my boat 🐶

Update 08. 35 owner has turned up. 

Edited by LadyG

10 hours ago, LadyG said:

As title, Grey Boat on what I presume are paid moorings has broken a rope and hit my boat. 

I t seems to be stable. 

Hopefully someone will do something about it at daylight. 

If you know whose it is, please tell him. 

How many more dramas are you going to have this month?

• Haha 3

On 27/11/2021 at 10:17, Tracy D'arth said:

How many more dramas are you going to have this month?

Unfortunately, I fear this goes on and on, even though all I wanted was peace and quiet on the inland waterways peacefully travelling lesser known parts of E&W.

At least the locals are friendly, after some mutterings about overstaying!

If Plan B does not work it could be months before Plan A can be initiated. 

Edited by LadyG
Gt

On 27/11/2021 at 10:26, Higgs said:

At the Wendover festival - 2009.

What’s more concerning is the one called “Dreamthatcher” with a pic below of Maggie in the buff 🤢

On 28/11/2021 at 15:07, TheBiscuits said:

She's on a section of canal between a flight of locks and a mile long tunnel, with no steering as her boat is broken.

She's also between two long term stoppages so there aren't any boats going past to ask for a tow.

Very well organised. I'm impressed!

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

Do you remember a 'couple of years ago' a poster by the name of Kris  (maybe Kris 88) - he managed to string C&RT along for about 2 years.

Bits of engine strewn about on the rear deck and frequently telling C&RT that he was waiting for a left-handed thumb widget that could only be manufactured by Tibetan monks during a full moon in the year of the hippopotamus.

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Do you remember a 'couple of years ago' a poster by the name of Kris  (maybe Kris 88) - he managed to string C&RT along for about 2 years.

Bits of engine strewn about on the rear deck and frequently telling C&RT that he was waiting for a left-handed thumb widget that could only be manufactured by Tibetan monks during a full moon in the year of the hippopotamus.

I certainly do. He's the one who seemed to think he was doing CRT a massive favour by keeping a 'historic' boat floating (sort of). 

Over on the other channel, Kris and Dunkers have been having the most spectacular fall-out and long term slanging match. It's well worth having a read. Couldn't happen to a nicer pair of chaps. They should change to name of the forum to "The Krissy and Dunkersley Show", as not much else gets discussed over there now....

20 minutes ago, MtB said:

I certainly do. He's the one who seemed to think he was doing CRT a massive favour by keeping a 'historic' boat floating (sort of). 

Over on the other channel, Kris and Dunkers have been having the most spectacular fall-out and long term slanging match. It's well worth having a read. Couldn't happen to a nicer pair of chaps. They should change to name of the forum to "The Krissy and Dunkersley Show", as not much else gets discussed over there now....

Well at last, at least you have the balls to admit you visit there. And if you find it so bad, why I wonder? 

If you care to read what other posters also say on there you would notice they are well peed off with those exchanges.

In reality they are not much different from the 'debates' going on in the political section here, so lets not pretend that this forum is that much different if a couple (or even more) posters want to engage in a rather pointless pathetic tit for tat masquerading as a 'grown up' discussion.

Of course you wont see this (but in reality we all know you will look).

59 minutes ago, MtB said:

Quite so, and if it is as it seems that she has managed to get her ‘broken boat’ to Greenberfield service station then they are of course so much more convenient than Barrowford, it has showers too…I seem to recall that the lady suggested once that they were very good moorings to stay for the winter before hurriedly changing that to a winter cruising plan of  “between Burnley and Leeds”   but sadly the boat is now ‘broken' and so she wont be able to travel for a while.  🙄

Edited by Chagall
convenient...not convent!