Getting cold weather now

jacko264

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, matty40s said:

Tell you what, its bitter out there, glad I live on a boat, sat here in a T-shirt and both Ecofans distributing the heat along nicely.

Wow! That’s amazing.  I’m wearing a short sleeved polo shirt. Only have one stove fan though.

Edited by Nightwatch

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

My hockey stick barometer has been reading 970millibars since last night. 

Lowest I've ever seen it was 960mb (ish) during some storm or other last year.

No pressure then, as the saying goes.

Here in the Fens it's a bright, sunny and breezy morning, but 40 m.p.h. winds and heavy rain are forecast for this afternoon.

Snow overnight in Sheffield. Melting now.

12 hours ago, matty40s said:

Tell you what, its bitter out there, glad I live on a boat, sat here in a T-shirt and both Ecofans distributing the heat along nicely.

Two Ecofans going at once. How do you get close enough to the fire to stoke it up against a gale like that?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Snow overnight in Sheffield. Melting now.

Two Ecofans going at once. How do you get close enough to the fire to stoke it up against a gale like that?

He could get serious blisters from the intense heat generated from this known source of extreme heat!! 

At the top of the Calder Valley we have a moderate covering of snow and it was something of a blizzard last night.  The local houses are without electricity till probably early evening. I will be making some this afternoon but unfortunately its not easy to put it into bottles to share out. 😀

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Light snow at Tarn Hows today. But enough on the road to stop some cars getting through.20211128_134643.jpg.6d3f84e4d4444403f37fa07322e5542e.jpg

Ah, lovely, I remember skating on there most winters when I was a kid.!!

The snow continued.. 

20211128_203934.jpg

Quite an impressive scene in the Lakes yesterday....